pvp Fields of Aaru Cluster - Very Active / No Night Raids / QoL Mods / No Donations

LucidLethargy

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Genesis 2 will be hosted today on our cluster as a TEST MAP. It will not be a true, live map that's part of the cluster until we fully understand and comprehend the risks of adding it. Wildcard's track record is absolutely abysmal in this area. Expect a few days, or if it's really a disaster, a few weeks for the fully tied-in Genesis 2 launch.

I am happy to say we've corrected a lot of the problems Wildcard created with their last major update. Genesis 2 (a test server) is now live on our cluster for testing! Players will currently receive shop points (hourly rewards to buy non-OP items to help with progression) while playing on this test server, just like the rest of the cluster! Shop pints are also 3x right now for the first time in the history of the cluster (for a limited time).

The server is going to be updated this month to greatly improve performance. So far, we haven't had a single complaint about performance, but things like cluster restarts will be faster in the future, and we will be capable of hosting very large numbers on any (or all) of our maps all at once after this.

The hardware is so high-end that I sincerely doubt many other clusters have something more powerful than we will. Seriously, this is going to be a massive upgrade, and it was not easy or cheap to obtain. As a cliff-note here, we are still a no-donation server as well. This is here for everyone to enjoy! Pay it forward by being reasonable to other people (e.g. letting newer or small tribes build up), and helping others so the staff doesn't have to!

Be aware we just had to ban nearly an entire tribe of players (1-2 at a time over the course of a few hours) that were repeatedly violating our rules. Doing this never comes easy for me... I want to provide everyone with something as close to permanence (with no wipes) as is possible. This said, sometimes it has to be done.

Please treat others on this server with respect, including the unpaid staff members that help keep the server running smoothly. Smack talk is fine, objecting to things is fine, but if you start calling people names (especially the volunteers), then this really isn't the server for you.

There's a surprisingly high amount of traffic on our server all things considered. This may fluctuate up again in the future as our new hardware is finally nearing completion!

We will have one of the most powerful Ark servers out there in just a few days! This was a very expensive upgrade (the entire box is being replaced with brand new, cutting-edge components.) I can't wait to see how it impacts performance! I'm hoping restarts will be much faster after this upgrade, and so might other aspects of the game!

So with the new server now running the cluster, we have seen a huge change in performance (primarily when scooting around the map on a Mana). Our CPU isn't even breaking 10% with 10-15 players on right now across seven maps, so it's looking great!

We're currently running this cluster single highest rated (single core performance, since Ark primarily uses one core) 12-core processor in existence. This gives us the ability to run somewhere between 12 and 24 maps on this cluster with a perfect frame rate.

tl;dr: Server fast, players happy

Archived