help Are the Any Boss Arenas able to be solo'd ?

STUL

12 hours ago, Zapha said:

Do you play with official difficulty settings? If not it can't be compared. I knew I get no answer. therfore I think it's a year. You have to "breed" (stare at babies) a year long before you can do the boss fight.

I have, I was on an official legacy server for a few months. Sadly I had to change internet services and when I did, ark would not let me play online anymore. Apparently its been a bug since the birth of ark to boot. x.x
Either way, while I was on and was building my boss army, no it was not going to take a year....1 month to 2, but no more.

1 hour ago, wizard03 said:

1 month to 2, but no more.

Makes also a big difference if someone plays 12 hours per day or only 2 hours. What was your average playtime then?

Were you able to beat the alpha version with your "Breeded in 2 months" army?

Have you started your breeding with normal dinos or with already well breeded dinos from others?

9 hours ago, Pipinghot said:

Yeah, it can.

I've played Official, Unofficial, solo, PvP, PvE, Primitive+ and they can absolutely be compared. The only thing Official gets you is a huge time sink that doesn't make the game any more challenging or interesting. Farming food as a part time job doesn't make Official "more difficult", it just makes it more time consuming.

Official might sink more time to tame and breed, but w/ the added # of players, you have access to far more powerful animals than you would have if you did it all yourself on single player.  Just about every animal you can think of has uber-dna already available through trade.  To do this all on your own , even with boosted rates, would take quite some time to get to.

I've seen players who I traded them their first real anky w/ serious melee turn around and be running tek cave in just over a month on their own.  It's all about, how much time do you have available, and how much do you wish to do all on your own.  If you play on a public server, it makes little sense to do it all on your own.  That's the benifit of playing on a public server, other players are an additional resource.

Farming food doesn't take a huge amount of time either.   Two 5min protect the baby roo missions on genesis can fill all your tek troughs for raising a couple dozen babies at a time.  I waste more time changing servers and loading the map, than I do spending it on getting food for animals.

15 hours ago, Zapha said:

Do you play with official difficulty settings? If not it can't be compared.

I knew I get no answer. therfore I think it's a year. You have to "breed" (stare at babies) a year long before you can do the boss fight.

If you mean the boss itself has official HP and damage then yes I have "Singleplayer settings" disabled. I've been breeding for 2+ years and only have beta broodmother, alpha megapithecus and alpha dragon done

@ZaphaAre you just wanting to unlock tek? if so you can easily unlock all the broodmother, megapithecus & dragon tekgrams plus gamma Rockwell within a week, might take a few days longer depending on playtime & rng, tames needed are a crystal wyvern, 20 deinos, basilo for farming water dino tribute on The Centre and running the Crystal Isles water cave for flak & shotguns, kangaroo for The Centre boss fight, any berry gatherer, phiomia & dung beetles for the crops needed to make lazarus chowder, use any low level deino eggs you get to make kibble to tame the basilo with

Alpha brood & ape are easy to kill on The Centre with just a kangaroo & shotgun (used 224% shotty last time I did it on official) hardest part is farming the tribute

Alpha dragon is easy to kill on Valguero, needs a couple of days to raise 20 deinos and a couple more days in cryos to level them up, it's a suicide mission so only use primitive saddles and don't take any gear in you can't afford to lose, split them up into 2 groups, the first 10 should get the job done but keep the rest back as they'll just bunch up and the one's at the back will do no damage while taking damage from the dragon, wait for the dragon to come to you then whistle the first group onto it, they should shred it pretty quickly, once it's dead and the tek is unlocked run up to the ape and kick him in the nuts to get out of there

Gamma Rockwell is very easy on foot with shotgun & cactus broth, don't take anything other than a light pet in or it will turn into a s***show, grab the artifacts from Crystal Isles then you don't even need to tame anything to run the caves on Aberration

If you're looking to do all the island alpha bosses & overseer then you'll need to do some serious breeding plus farm good saddles although the dragon can be cheesed using megalos/ab megalos but there's no reason not to go and unlock the majority of stuff first and have tek troughs to help with breeding, a transmitter in your base, access to the tek suit etc

8 hours ago, RageQuitter said:

@ZaphaAre you just wanting to unlock tek? if so you can easily unlock all the broodmother, megapithecus & dragon tekgrams plus gamma Rockwell within a week, might take a few days longer depending on playtime & rng, tames needed are a crystal wyvern, 20 deinos, basilo for farming water dino tribute on The Centre and running the Crystal Isles water cave for flak & shotguns, kangaroo for The Centre boss fight, any berry gatherer, phiomia & dung beetles for the crops needed to make lazarus chowder, use any low level deino eggs you get to make kibble to tame the basilo with.

Yes, I just want to unlock tek structures. Your advice sounds good but also too easy. I did the water cave for some months and I have several vaults full of best gear and weapons, have also some basilos which are easy to get in Genesis. That's not the problem.

Once I tamed 18 megatheriums and a yuti. I did some test fights in single player with official difficulty settings. I came to the conclusion that I can't beat the alpha broodmother with normal tamed dinos. Maybe the gamma version. But there are more bosses for unlocking all the parts and afaik they are all harder than the broodmother.

Ok, I have never tried deinos, but your advice sound like as if I have to tame many complete deino armies, each with 18 deinos, because I will often fail and lose all of them.

13 hours ago, Zapha said:

Makes also a big difference if someone plays 12 hours per day or only 2 hours. What was your average playtime then?

Were you able to beat the alpha version with your "Breeded in 2 months" army?

Have you started your breeding with normal dinos or with already well breeded dinos from others?

Ok, in that regard, I will not lie. I was and still am slamming 14 hours a day. In that regard then, yes. It may take a year if you only play an hour or two. However in that regard, how can anyone play without some form of help? I mean seriously, if your only going to play 2 hours a day, this is for sure not the game to do it on official. =/
And no, I wasn't even able to get them all mature yet. Just babies, but the stats was looking good, the first imprint went well, was working on a journeyman saddle BP and had 4 saddles cooked.....Alpha dragon would have been a chore, but it would not have been impossible. Especially since I went with theri's, I was going to grind for 10 cakes each theri. {I must say, crop speed online is wonderfull compared to solo. Once a day, free 100+ veggies per crop box XD}

My dinos was wilds. 145 f theri and a 135 m. I only ran the breeding once to get both the females melee to the males health, no mutations, just equalization. Once it was done, was doing the main army. After that, notes and either carno island, or maybe the yuties I was breeding for kibble eggs. Just pop em, maul em, level up accordingly.
I also had a couple hogs I was working on getting them to 50k food stat.

Archived