help Are the Any Boss Arenas able to be solo'd ?

STUL

can any of the boss arenas be soloed and if so is it still 18 Rexes and a yut are daedon? as ive never had time to get into them solo until now so figured i would ask for a little info or advice on doing them and what is needed as tube is so full of so many different ways!

also if not solo then maybe duo at least ?

huge thanks

Check out Syntac's Ultimate Ark series or Phlinger Phoos many seasons of soloing the Ark.  

Short answer is yes, the entire canon series can be beaten solo on official settings.  The alpha spider, dragon, and alpha tek cave are massive chores solo.

Therizinos bred for melee mutations and with as good a saddle as you can get for them are probably your best overall boss dino as they take much less dragon damage and are nearly as strong as rexes.

If you don't care about using canon dinos to beat the island, deinonychus are amazing for boss fights.

23 hours ago, STUL said:

can any of the boss arenas be soloed

Yes, definitely, most of them can be solo'd. I think that probably all of them can be solo'd, but I said "most" because there might be a fight I've forgotten about.

23 hours ago, STUL said:

and if so is it still 18 Rexes and a yut are daedon?

That depends on how good your origial tames were and how much time you've spent breeding & mutating the generations of offspring.

For example, the Broodmother will be easier with 18 megatheria plus yuty & daeodon, but it can be harder to find good megatheria to begin your breeding program. But if you have better rexes than megatheria it might be better for you to do it with rexes.

Likewise, the dragon will be easier with 18 therizinos plus yuty & daedon, but it can be harder to find good therizino's to being your breeding program. But if you have better rexes than theri's it might be better for you to do it with rexes.

If you're willing to find, tame and breed multiple species then different bosses will have different preferred species for the fight, but if you want to do all of the fights with the same team of animals then I I suggest therizino's plus yuty & daeodon.

You will see a variety of opinions on the best way to solo bosses, and people have good points in favor of a variety of solutions. My main suggestion would be for you to watch some youtube videos of people actually doing the boss fights solo, this will give you a chance to really see how well different strategies can work.

I truly dont think genesis alpha is a doable solo on official, I finished with less than 60 seconds left on gamma with 2 of us with maxed out everything. I also question the validity of doing rockwell on alpha solo on official servers, for the same reason as with genesis master controller, time. You run out of time cause of not doing enough damage fast enough even with max damage shotguns, max damage tek rifles, etc.

Everything else tho I would say you can solo. I have solo'd all the island bosses on alpha except overseer was 2 of us again but it could have been solo'd since there was no time limit on the actual fight. Ive solo'd all the free maps multi boss fights, didnt bother with scorched but its not that difficult. I havent done extinctions bosses yet but they seem doable solo. Will require some amazing gigas and what not but can be done.

As for tames, each fight is kinda different in that aspect but you usually cant go wrong with rexes/theriz/yuti, sometimes a rhino is clutch, sometimes deinonychus is mvp, I usually dont bring daedons in the fights anymore. Brood can be done with megatheriums but can also be done with rexes or even no tames just shotguns(again might need multiple people with no tames). Megapithicus is easy with rexes, Dragon is better to use theriz over rexes but I would recommend riding deinonychus for this one. Ive heard some people using a magmasaur to tank the dragon as they are fire immune. Overseer I did with no tames cause the cave was bad to me the first attempt. Crystal isles boss can be done with an army of rexes alone. valguero is a mix of rexes/deinonychus/shotguns last time I did it solo. Ragnarok a ridden rhino is useful but still the usual rexes/theriz are useful and again shotguns help.

But everything im talking about is doing them solo on alpha on official. If you are talking about gamma, they can be done solo for sure. And if you are talking about offline play of a unofficial server then just expect it to be easier than official.

On 4/15/2021 at 8:19 PM, STUL said:

can any of the boss arenas be soloed and if so is it still 18 Rexes and a yut are daedon? as ive never had time to get into them solo until now so figured i would ask for a little info or advice on doing them and what is needed as tube is so full of so many different ways! also if not solo then maybe duo at least ? huge thanks

I just did all stages of the broodmother on single player default.....17 theries {I accidentally miscounted when breeding} with only one health mutation, and some serious lvling......15k health, but primitive saddles and sloppy melee. I think the most was 300%. And of course a deadon and yuty.
When I do it, I have the yuty following the pig and turn on auto roar {make sure yuty has extra meat in his inventory as it is required now for auto roar?} and also tell him to ignore group whistling while remaining passive. Once he is set up, stuff the pig with meat. I used cooked prime, but need to get a mutton farm going. Make sure his food stat is as high as you can get it. 

More or less, the gamma broodmother was an absolute cake walk. In fact I actually forgot to turn the pig on for most of the beginning of the fight. I was just more worried about getting the yuty close enough to get the courage roar to effect our team. After the fight, I only had to heal just a tiny bit of damage on this or that theri. Took a few secounds on the pig.
Once the pig was full again, I started round two.....this time I was much more in line with getting the healing effect going, however I noticed that this fight lasted a bit longer. Some of the theris had an accountable amount of damage however, and I noticed the pig ran out of stomach volume MUCH quicker. It took some time to get the pig filled and then the theris healed.
Round three, alpha broodmother.....It took too long, way too long. Was starting to get worried and sure enough, one of the theri's died. Just as the possibility of looseing started to cross my mind however, she flipped upside down and was a dead spidy. But it was a bloody win.....One theri done, the rest of them was at 2-5% health. 
First thing I did when I got them back home was started looking at getting their melee up to or over 500% Those last two fights took too long. I am also mashing the caves for supply loot. Gotta try and get a theri saddle blueprint.

Video here---> https://www.twitch.tv/videos/985817958?t=10h7m16s

However as for your question, yes. Just be smart about it and try to get all your ducks in a row.

5 hours ago, Piffguru said:

I truly dont think genesis alpha is a doable solo on official, I finished with less than 60 seconds left on gamma with 2 of us with maxed out everything. I also question the validity of doing rockwell on alpha solo on official servers, for the same reason as with genesis master controller, time. You run out of time cause of not doing enough damage fast enough even with max damage shotguns, max damage tek rifles, etc.

Everything else tho I would say you can solo. I have solo'd all the island bosses on alpha except overseer was 2 of us again but it could have been solo'd since there was no time limit on the actual fight. Ive solo'd all the free maps multi boss fights, didnt bother with scorched but its not that difficult. I havent done extinctions bosses yet but they seem doable solo. Will require some amazing gigas and what not but can be done.

As for tames, each fight is kinda different in that aspect but you usually cant go wrong with rexes/theriz/yuti, sometimes a rhino is clutch, sometimes deinonychus is mvp, I usually dont bring daedons in the fights anymore. Brood can be done with megatheriums but can also be done with rexes or even no tames just shotguns(again might need multiple people with no tames). Megapithicus is easy with rexes, Dragon is better to use theriz over rexes but I would recommend riding deinonychus for this one. Ive heard some people using a magmasaur to tank the dragon as they are fire immune. Overseer I did with no tames cause the cave was bad to me the first attempt. Crystal isles boss can be done with an army of rexes alone. valguero is a mix of rexes/deinonychus/shotguns last time I did it solo. Ragnarok a ridden rhino is useful but still the usual rexes/theriz are useful and again shotguns help.

But everything im talking about is doing them solo on alpha on official. If you are talking about gamma, they can be done solo for sure. And if you are talking about offline play of a unofficial server then just expect it to be easier than official.

Alpha Rockwell might be possible on official using a 290+ sword and a high melee build (115 with 140 weight & 650% melee) only reason I say "might" is because I can only beat it with damage numbers turned on, when they're off it's difficult to tell if you're actually hitting the tentacles as you still see blood splatter when the sword hits and the hit boxes are a bit janky, sometimes you have to be kind of floating inside the tentacle to hit it, if you can nail the positioning to hit them without needing damage numbers then you can beat it with 2 1/2 - 3 mins to spare

3 hours ago, Zapha said:

And how much time do I have to spent for breeding my arena dinos?

Im currently into day 4 on my default single player settings run. x.x With that said, I decided to up the mateing and laying rates of my rex's so I can use the offspring as free XP.....add to that, Iv also added notes in to the mix. Im allmost done with getting the theris melee to 500%. All I got left is the two replacements for the one that died, and the one that was never there to begin with.....Im thinking a couple notes and then a run at carno island. Hopefully a couple alphas spawn in for me.

5 hours ago, Zapha said:

No, I'm asking for the time I need on official.

In single player we all cheat, that's not a challenge.

How many months do I have to stare at babies on official before I can do the boss fight?

We

can beat alpha brood on official with base 390md megatheriums with 8k hp.  Only need a yuti to go with. All tames are imprinted and leveled up.  Pump Heath up to 23k ,  rest melee.  We used 100+ armor saddles.   How long it would take to get that army,  not that long actually.  Just have to tame a lot of megatheriums until you get hp around there and melee.

8 minutes ago, Zapha said:

That's not an answer. How long is "not that long"?

Well it depends on when you get the hp/meee u need and how dedicated you are. Megatheriums are a 4 day raise.  You need around 15.  So get the hp/melee on a stud the. It would take 4 days if you had say 30 breeders.   A yuti just needs high stamina,  don’t have to have the imprint. That’s not a time sink.

id say a month easy,  sooner if u get lucky with taming high enough stats.  Mutations not needed if you can score 7k+ hp and melee over 370.

12 hours ago, Zapha said:

How many months do I have to stare at babies on official before I can do the boss fight?

Honestly on official PVE breeding up a boss fighter army from scratch will take a long time. But on the flip side, lots of people have already done that breeding, and are willing to trade top notch eggs for reasonable amounts of metal/crystal/dust/poly/paste, ect. And sometimes breeders will literally give their rejects away, that are still pretty good - I got several 23k H 400M rex babies for free that way, along with some baby gigas that "only" had 800 melee. The official rates are balanced for large tribes that can share their work with others (and I suppose steal, in PVP with egg and cryopod theft), so you would be  fool to not do this kind of trading. Hell, now that I have my mediocre rexes breeding I have more eggs than I need, and have given some away along with a cryopod and standing torches to random beach bobs. 

On 4/18/2021 at 1:17 AM, Zapha said:

Short answer: It depends on how lucky you get but, if your luck all averages out, for a solo player you're looking at 6+ months.

You should consider that staring at babies isn't truly "a challenge" either, that's nothing more than endlessly farming food while your babies grow up. Spending two weeks breeding on a solo game with enhanced breeding settings is just as much of a challenge as spending 6 months breeding on Official, the only difference is the number of hours you spend mindlessly farming food and staring at dino's doing nothing while they mature. Now if you consider farming food every day a "challenge" well then yeah, Officials are more challenging, but it's pretty darned hard to call mindless busywork challenging.

If you're using console commands to make things easier/faster well then yes, you're cheating in solo play, but if you're changing the breeding settings to speed up the process that can hardly be called cheating, that's just customizing the game to fit your real life schedule, you can have all of the challenge with a lot less of the mindless farming. You decide on your personal rules, you decide your settings and maybe your mods, and then you make yourself stick to them - that's not cheating, it's customizing the game to fit your needs.

I've done boss fights on Official, Unofficial-dedicated and solo, and I can tell you from personal experience that the only difference is how much time you spend getting ready for the boss. The difficulty, the challenge, of the actual boss fight itself is basically the same. Either you're prepared and you understand the boss fight or you're not, it doesn't matter how much time you spent to get there.

Having said that, the amount of time you would have to spend breeding on Officials depends a great deal on how lucky you get when taming your breeding stock. Are you starting with 4 different breeders, each with a different good stat or did you get lucky and get one breeder with 2 good stats, effectively cutting your time in half? Also, what do you consider a good stat to begin your breeding? It will be a lot easier/faster if you start breeding with 30 in each stat that you care about, it will be a lot slower if you're waiting until you get 35 in each stat you care about because you'll have to tame a lot more animals until you get lucky enough to get 35 in multiple stats.

Looking at rexes, for example, for each breeding you have to wait 18-48 hours which means they'll frequently be ready to breed when you're at school/work, which basically means a minimum of two days between breedings. Or, if you get a new baby that you want to add to the breeding you'll have to wait 3-4 days depending on your schedule. And those are optimum times, unless you build your schedule around the game there's no way you're going to consistently be able to maintain that breeding schedule. If you're like most people you'll average about 4-5 days between generations. Heck, I've been part of an alpha tribe on an Official server, and we did 90% of our breeding on the weekends when we had more people on line and there were more people available to farm food - even with a large, organized and motivated alpha tribe we bred one generation per week. Basically our main breeder did the breeding and multiple farmed meat.

Now multiply (4-5 days * lucky) and (4-5 days * unlucky) and average those to together and you'll start to get a better idea of how things go on Official. If you've tamed everything you want and you're ready to begin building your bloodline it might take you  month or it might take you three months. Then, once your bloodline is established you have to get more females raised to maturity to do your mass breeding and you can get very unlucky at the beginning of this process.

Let's say you have 1 male and 1 female that are the beginning of your bloodline, now you breed those two together and you get 5 male offspring in a row (that's happened to me). That means you've just spent 10 days mating, waiting for eggs to hatch and finding out that they're male, then waiting until the next breeding cycle, which is almost two weeks time doing nothing but waiting for a female baby, then it will be about 4 days before you're ready to add her into the breeding pool. Now you have a male and two females and what happens, the first two babies from each mother are males (again, that's happened to me) so now you've waited another 4 days just to get your third breeding female. Now at the end of two weeks you have a grand total of 2 breeding females. That's obviously a bad scenario but it's also realistic. At the end of the first two weeks you could end up with 20 breeding females or just two, it all depends on how lucky you get.

Now think about what happens if you fail a boss fight, any boss at any level. All of those dinos and that equipment are gone. You can make one single mistake like accidentally dismounting in the middle of a bunch of hostiles, or you can have a little bit of bad luck like getting disconnected during the fight, and now you have to raise 20 new animals to replace your losses from one single bad thing happening. You don't have to re-create your entire breeding line because obviously you keep your breeders separate from your fighters, but raising 20 new fighters still takes a lot of time, not to mention farming a lot of materials if you had good saddles on those tames, plus your personal gear.

When you breed on Official servers (especially if you're breeding carnivores) you spend much, much more time farming meat than you spend doing that actual breeding work. You will be spending day after day after day farming meat, and then you'll be spending hours & hours feeding babies by hand until they can eat out of troughs. Building a set of animals that can do boss fights requires a lot of your time (like a lot), and none of that time is actually challenging, it's almost entirely mindless busy work. Obviously it's up to you, if that's how you want to spend your time then more power to you, but don't fool yourself into thinking that a massive time sink is the same thing as being more challenging, all that really matters is how interesting/fun/challenging the actual boss fight is once you get there.

22 hours ago, Zapha said:

No, I'm asking for the time I need on official. In single player we all cheat, that's not a challenge. How many months do I have to stare at babies on official before I can do the boss fight?

Yeah, solo official is a bit of a pain......I remember the breed time of my yuty crew was 8 hours for the egg, then 1 week for the maturity rate......Best to get a fridge full of eggs before popping them if your worried about mutations or what not. Also better use cropods to keep the babies overnight.....I tried to let them go on the first night to help speed up the maturity, but all of them died. Except for the one with the food mutation. x.x
After you get them grown up, best I can give you is a day per rex to reach their best lvls.....run notes, then go on a killing spree.....carno island will do good for the first 2 or 3....maybe 4 if you throw in a few alpha's. Once those notes are done, hit the snow for some more and some high level mammoths or rhino's. Be careful of the yuties and the alphas till your sure you can take em down. Occasionally an alpha carno will pop up, but they can be a high level. Good for leveling, but bad if your rex has low health. Avoid them till your ready.

If I was to do it all again, and proper, Id fathom 3-4 weeks for the battle babies to be bred and to pop egg, multiply by 2 for any sort of mutation, add 2 weeks for maturity, and then anywhere between 1-3 weeks for leveling.....All in all, we are talking about 2 months to build an "acceptable" rex army. You might get lucky here or there, might be able to lvl them up faster by going on random walks for supplies and haveing them murder everything along the way, so forth and so on. Also you might farm golden hesperon egg's to feed to them in order to give them some exp buffs.

With that said tho, its a good opportunity to hit up supply and cave drops for a good saddle blueprint and while my maths may not be accurate, this was before wildcard decided to speed everything up by 2x permanently. So your mileage may vary. Best advice I got tho is to breed and store as many eggs as possible before hatching......Hatch em all at once, see if you get mutations, then either do it again with the mutated parent, or raise them as is.

well i totally appreciate all the amazing info from all you guys that took the time to tell me all this and i will go through it all and take many notes and then i know what to aim for :)

thanks so much. also what food is good to have on the yuts and do i need food in the inventory's of the Rexes/deins/theriz or megatheriums ?. i know ive been playing ark for so long and sounds like i know so little of boss runs, because mostly over the years ive been invited to them and now i feel i wanna learn for myself. and its just me and my wife so if i can solo then i should be fine to duo as well.

thanks again

11 hours ago, Pipinghot said:

Also, what do you consider a good stat to begin your breeding? It will be a lot easier/faster if you start breeding with 30 in each stat that you care about, it will be a lot slower if you're waiting until you get 35 in each stat you care about because you'll have to tame a lot more animals until you get lucky enough to get 35 in multiple stats.

As a newbie breeder this is a question i've asked myself a lot and the info online is varied to say the least. Currently my breeder rexes have 38+ in the important stats and i wonder if this will be enough to progress through the various bosses? Or should i wait for 45+ or more in the stats before starting my mutation runs?

Cheers :)

On 4/18/2021 at 6:17 AM, Zapha said:

What do you mean all? I've been on Singleplayer for 2+ years now and still haven't used any cheats to my advantage other than fixing bugs

20 hours ago, Coastis said:

As a newbie breeder this is a question i've asked myself a lot and the info online is varied to say the least. Currently my breeder rexes have 38+ in the important stats and i wonder if this will be enough to progress through the various bosses? Or should i wait for 45+ or more in the stats before starting my mutation runs?

Cheers :)

In my opinion 45 is not necessary, 40 is good enough. Doing a boss fight is based on having pretty good stats, but great stats are not needed, having pretty good saddles, again great are not needed. Then you follow this by doing a good job of executing a good strat during the fight. Knowing what to do in the fight and doing the right things at the right time are more important than just the stats of the animals.

Below is a sampling of the breeding stats that I've used when doing boss fights, beating all bosses at on all 3 difficulty level. "We" means a 6-7 person tribe on an Unofficial dedicated server. We have some mods on that server like S+ which make it easier to farm resources and we configured a couple of settings that made breeding faster, but we didn't have anything on the server that made the actual fights easier than on an Official server. Once we started the fight it was just like fighting an Official boss.

These are the final breeding stats which include any lucky mutations that we got. I only have The Island and Aberration here, I couldn't find my old breeding files from the other maps. For most breeding, we started our breeding once the stats were 32 (or higher, if we got lucky) and in most cases we got 1-3 mutations during the breeding process. The Therizino's didn't get any mutations, we started breeding them with 32 HP / 38 Melee and that's what they still had when we were done.

We tried rexes (plus yuty & daeodon) for The Dragon on gamma and failed, but that wasn't because of dino stats. It was because rexes are clumsy, don't maneuver well, and get caught in the lava really easily. We decided we just didn't like rexes in boss fights and after that first attempt we did Dragon on gamma, beta & alpha with 18 theri's, 1 yuty, 1 daedon. You'll notice the theri's have lower stats than the rexes, but they're more maneuverable and you can put veggie cakes in their inventory so they can do some self-healing during the battle.

We also used theri's + 1 yuty + 2 daeodons on the Tek Cave fight.

1) The Island
Rex  - HP 35, Melee 41

Megatherium - HP 41, Melee 37

Therizino - HP 32, Melee 38

Yuty - HP 35

Daeodon - HP 37, Food 37

2) Aberration

Aberrant Megalosaurus - 33 HP, 40 Melee

Some additional info:

As described before, these are levels from a private dedicated server. During the course of beating multiple maps and all of their bosses we've had a few failures and, since it's a private server where we have the ability to do so, we rolled back the server to a saved file and called a "do over" on the boss fight. The thing is, none of those failures were based on dino stats, even if our tames had better stats we still would have failed because we simply didn't do a good job a few times. If we had been playing on an Official server, which means we wouldn't have the luxury of knowing we could roll back the server then we would have spent more time watching videos and making sure we were prepared for the fight, but we would not have waited longer to start breeding and we would not have waited until we had higher stats. Good stats can't save you from doing a bad job in the fight, having everyone do a good job is more important.

When you think about how many hours you spend taming & breeding to get ready for a boss fight, it only makes sense to spend at least a couple of hours watching videos to learn a good strat for that fight, knowing the fight before you walk in is going to be more important than the difference between 35 HP, 40 HP or even 45 HP.

Hope this helps.

On 4/19/2021 at 12:47 AM, STUL said:

thanks so much. also what food is good to have on the yuts and do i need food in the inventory's of the Rexes/deins/theriz or megatheriums ?. i know ive been playing ark for so long and sounds like i know so little of boss runs, because mostly over the years ive been invited to them and now i feel i wanna learn for myself. and its just me and my wife so if i can solo then i should be fine to duo as well. thanks again

on my single player run, seems the yuty will eat anything....raw, cooked, fish....doesn't seem to matter. However if your worried about the deadon, things have changed a bit. Now you can use low quality kibbles to refuel the deadon much quicker, but mutton only does the same amount of food regen as prime meat.....It used to be that argy kibble was best, but mutton was second best. I wonder when they changed that. o.o and technically, no you do not have to have any food in their inventory if you don't want to. I prefer building a feeding trough just outside of the transporter area and they eat off that while waiting for the fight, and after the fight.

I am about to do another boss run today, its gonna be the monkey! all the stats and equipment was ground out on default single player settings. The only adjustment I have made thus far is matting cool down rate and breeding speed. Other than that, its all default.....max level 35 dino's, very slow harvesting, ect. ect. Hell, even the taming speed is default. Ill go ahead and show you as much as I can and maybe add in a bit of commentary, but since my crew was able to beat the spidy fairly quick and easy, the monkey should not be an issue.

On 4/19/2021 at 2:08 PM, HoganRyan01 said:

What do you mean all? I've been on Singleplayer for 2+ years now and still haven't used any cheats to my advantage other than fixing bugs

Do you play with official difficulty settings? If not it can't be compared.

I knew I get no answer. therfore I think it's a year. You have to "breed" (stare at babies) a year long before you can do the boss fight.

26 minutes ago, Zapha said:

I knew I get no answer. therfore I think it's a year. You have to "breed" (stare at babies) a year long before you can do the boss fight.

Well to be fair, since you are talking about doing these fights on official, I would just go trade someone for some mutated lines and only have to breed 1 army and therefore you would only need to stare at said babies for like 1 week.

If you are talking about starting from scratch and mutating them yourself on official settings then yea you are talking many months for getting something able to do alpha fights. Gamma tho, in the case of the megapithicus you dont even need any mutations to beat, even beta may be doable with a first generation fully imprinted rex army with decent saddles.

I've got crazy fast hatch and raise settings on my server.  Like, a minute to hatch a rex and about five minutes to raise to adult.

Started with 245s that were the result of a pool of five or six wild caught rexes.  Wound up with 10 melee and 10 health mutations.  It took weeks.  I spent time hatching almost every day, for weeks, to get those 20 mutations.  

On official hatch and raise settings I can't even imagine, a year probably, maybe longer.  

$13 a month for my own server is nothing compared to the time saved and the fact that I don't have retarded children attacking my stuff while I'm offline.  When you see neon colored lvl450 rexes on official, that's the result of years of combined effort, and it's something to admire.

16 hours ago, Pipinghot said:

In my opinion 45 is not necessary, 40 is good enough. Doing a boss fight is based on having pretty good stats, but great stats are not needed, having pretty good saddles, again great are not needed. Then you follow this by doing a good job of executing a good strat during the fight. Knowing what to do in the fight and doing the right things at the right time are more important than just the stats of the animals.

Below is a sampling of the breeding stats that I've used when doing boss fights, beating all bosses at on all 3 difficulty level. "We" means a 6-7 person tribe on an Unofficial dedicated server. We have some mods on that server like S+ which make it easier to farm resources and we configured a couple of settings that made breeding faster, but we didn't have anything on the server that made the actual fights easier than on an Official server. Once we started the fight it was just like fighting an Official boss.

These are the final breeding stats which include any lucky mutations that we got. I only have The Island and Aberration here, I couldn't find my old breeding files from the other maps. For most breeding, we started our breeding once the stats were 32 (or higher, if we got lucky) and in most cases we got 1-3 mutations during the breeding process. The Therizino's didn't get any mutations, we started breeding them with 32 HP / 38 Melee and that's what they still had when we were done.

We tried rexes (plus yuty & daeodon) for The Dragon on gamma and failed, but that wasn't because of dino stats. It was because rexes are clumsy, don't maneuver well, and get caught in the lava really easily. We decided we just didn't like rexes in boss fights and after that first attempt we did Dragon on gamma, beta & alpha with 18 theri's, 1 yuty, 1 daedon. You'll notice the theri's have lower stats than the rexes, but they're more maneuverable and you can put veggie cakes in their inventory so they can do some self-healing during the battle.

We also used theri's + 1 yuty + 2 daeodons on the Tek Cave fight.

1) The Island
Rex  - HP 35, Melee 41

Megatherium - HP 41, Melee 37

Therizino - HP 32, Melee 38

Yuty - HP 35

Daeodon - HP 37, Food 37

2) Aberration

Aberrant Megalosaurus - 33 HP, 40 Melee

Some additional info:

As described before, these are levels from a private dedicated server. During the course of beating multiple maps and all of their bosses we've had a few failures and, since it's a private server where we have the ability to do so, we rolled back the server to a saved file and called a "do over" on the boss fight. The thing is, none of those failures were based on dino stats, even if our tames had better stats we still would have failed because we simply didn't do a good job a few times. If we had been playing on an Official server, which means we wouldn't have the luxury of knowing we could roll back the server then we would have spent more time watching videos and making sure we were prepared for the fight, but we would not have waited longer to start breeding and we would not have waited until we had higher stats. Good stats can't save you from doing a bad job in the fight, having everyone do a good job is more important.

When you think about how many hours you spend taming & breeding to get ready for a boss fight, it only makes sense to spend at least a couple of hours watching videos to learn a good strat for that fight, knowing the fight before you walk in is going to be more important than the difference between 35 HP, 40 HP or even 45 HP.

Hope this helps.

Thank you for the in-depth reply, it was exactly what i was looking for and has certainly eased my mind about whether my current stock will be good enough! You do make a good point about preparing by watching videos of the boss, however we'll likely do the first easy boss blind to avoid "spoilers". Besides, it's more likely that we fail due to my mate accidently jumping off his mount mid battle haha, in which case it will be him farming the meat required to rebuild the army! But, for future fights we'll have more knowledge and i won't feel so bad about watching strategy videos then!

Once again, thank you for setting my mind at ease.

4 hours ago, Zapha said:

Yeah, it can.

I've played Official, Unofficial, solo, PvP, PvE, Primitive+ and they can absolutely be compared. The only thing Official gets you is a huge time sink that doesn't make the game any more challenging or interesting. Farming food as a part time job doesn't make Official "more difficult", it just makes it more time consuming.

Archived