PVE servers should be wiped every year at least.

MooseX

Suggestion

5 replies to this server topic

the silly thing is half the time i see people whining that there is literally nowhere to build it's because they just don't know where to look and don't bother to tray any real distance from the spawn zones. I have many a time offered directions and coordinates for huge areas of wide open land. while there are exceptions to this, in most cases people pillar around their homes to prevent being griefed or to protect valuable resource or dino spawns. Lots of the times newer players make silly mistakes and block resources or dinos (or even player spawns!) out of sheer ignorance. ever spawn inside someone's house because they decided to build on top of one of the spawns? yeah... been there. while visiting another server with a lot of resources for part of a trade. Usually if you ask for help to find a spot you'll find people willing to show you plenty of open land etc. Suggesting the whole network get wiped every year because you have a knee jerk reaction to not being able to plop stuff down right beside spawns or other people is not the solution. I myself have personally helped a number of people find open places to build, and even supplied beds or something so they wouldn't have difficulty getting back to the area. I've learned the hard way what happens if you don't protect your immediate area from others building so close to your front door you can't even place things inside your own house near the walls.

Yes, there are cases of people that go way overboard, but they are a minority. in cases of actual excess, usually submitted tickets do end with enforcement, but you'll often find you get a lot further and faster by just asking people if the pillars are there for a reason. You'd also be surprised how often people are willing to accommodate and take some down or move them a bit if it's not going to jeopardize what they are protecting with them.

If anything, a better suggestion would be for certain things like a basic campfire to cook meat starting out not actually count normally against enemy proximity if being placed on the ground and instead have an accelerated decay timer (like a couple hours if out of render.) so that someone can't just spam campfires all around your house and have them take a week to decay.

Archived