Cave of the strong bug

Trung2910

Hey guys,

So I entered cave of the strong with 2 Baryonyx one with 30k Health and the other with 26k Health. The moment they got out of cryopods, direwolves and other creatures just jumped in and deal over 1000 damage for each attack. As a result the 30k Health Bary and I was dead and the other went missing in cave when I got back there. I know that caves supposed to be a challenge, but cave creatures deal over 1000 damage is just ridiculous.

Is this possibly be a bug or it is normal guys?

On what kind of server happened that? I bet not on Official PVE or any default server.

3 hours ago, Tomm1e1 said:

Your Barryonyx more than likely had Cryosickness. From the Wiki: Cryo Sickness lasts for 5 minutes, causes said creature to receive increased damage if attacked (10x normal damage)

Is this enabled in official PVP servers?

Patch notes say it was a bug for 10x damage however creatures in the cave of the strong do hit for 200+, and if you take in the nerf added in a recent patch, add in mate boost and possible pack boost for direwolves and you could be at around 500-600 damage per bite:

v310.11 - 04/07/2020

• Fixed a bug where releasing from a cryopod using EnableCryopodNerf would cause them to take 10x damage for the time set.
  • Introduced an increase incoming damage multiplier from the cryopod-release debuff
    • This can be adjusted with the command line/GameUserSettings.ini parameter 'CryopodNerfIncomingDamageMultPercent' where 0.25 = 25%
    • This is enabled on our Official PvP servers and is set to 25% by default

On 4/15/2021 at 2:57 AM, Trung2910 said:

Hey guys,

So I entered cave of the strong with 2 Baryonyx one with 30k Health and the other with 26k Health. The moment they got out of cryopods, direwolves and other creatures just jumped in and deal over 1000 damage for each attack. As a result the 30k Health Bary and I was dead and the other went missing in cave when I got back there. I know that caves supposed to be a challenge, but cave creatures deal over 1000 damage is just ridiculous.

Is this possibly be a bug or it is normal guys?

Its not normal, but this is without a doubt the hardest cave in the game......you will need a VERY leveled up attack yuty or 3. {yes, three back up dinos} and you will need to practice your knock back attacks in order to get through the cave. With that said tho, if you find the supply drops in here, typically they will give you some of the best stuff in the game.....armor, rex and giga saddles, so forth so on.

On 4/16/2021 at 8:33 AM, Tomm1e1 said:

Patch notes say it was a bug for 10x damage however creatures in the cave of the strong do hit for 200+, and if you take in the nerf added in a recent patch, add in mate boost and possible pack boost for direwolves and you could be at around 500-600 damage per bite:

v310.11 - 04/07/2020

• Fixed a bug where releasing from a cryopod using EnableCryopodNerf would cause them to take 10x damage for the time set.
  • Introduced an increase incoming damage multiplier from the cryopod-release debuff
    • This can be adjusted with the command line/GameUserSettings.ini parameter 'CryopodNerfIncomingDamageMultPercent' where 0.25 = 25%
    • This is enabled on our Official PvP servers and is set to 25% by default

oh well I guess that makes sense on PVP

Archived