Orbital drop help?

ARKinadium

Sounds about right.

The dinos often get stuck along the way and you have to wait for them. You can go hunting, but beware of going too far. The drop will despawn if you go out of render distance. (It helps a lot if you have a tribemate who can wait there.)

After doing many drops you'll find that some drop locations are better than others, and you learn the spots where the corrupted get hung up.

It sounds like a pain, but it actually isn't that hard once you figure out the quirks (like many things in Ark).

12 hours ago, ARKinadium said:

Is there a timeout for the wayward dinos that get stuck where it will just advance to the next stage? Or do I have to go out and try to find them and risk it de-spawning?

The Ice Titan can almost perma-freeze the corrupted creatures in place for me, I notice that if I leave them the creatures disappear. The results are a mix of outright despawning and reappearing at the original spawns.

I've also noticed that with 1 Hostile left, the node will often switch over to the next phase and skip it. Personally I use a fabby Sniper or the Ice Titan's snowball to mulch the slackers at range. As leaving render range of the drop will instantly despawn it.

Archived