i have a base near the green boss battle maker but need mor resources

thatonedodo

1 hour ago, thatonedodo said:

i want more resouces but evean with flack i need a base to retreat to seince all argentavis murder me if i getto a mountian should i houl the stone base parts over there or not? is stone strong enough? any other good resource locations?

Almost every map has multiple locations that are good for resources, especially the basic resources of fiber, thatch, wood & stone. The location of your base is not the most important thing, it's taming good animals.

Tamed animals are stronger than wild animals, because you can start putting levels into the stats that you care about. You can make sure that your animals have more HP and Melee than wild animals, which is how you increase your power. If you fly into the mountains mounted on a good argentavis then you don't have to worry about them killing you anymore, you can defeat them easily.

Your best answer is to tame some animals that can fight back. Take the time to build a taming trap, then lure some good argentavis into your trap and tame them. Now you have animals that can fight back against any argentavis that attack you and your base.

2 hours ago, thatonedodo said:

update: tried to tame one twce rapter killed one  gigantopithicus killd seconnd

I feel your pain, this is a good time to let you know that this is how ARK works. There's a reason you see it classified as a "survival game". All survival games involve the game trying to kill you and you needing to work hard to not be killed. And, when you do get killed, there's always a chance that you're going to lose things.

If you came from a game like Warcraft then there are parts of ARK that will feel shocking or frustrating, but once you get used to the idea that you're trying to survive in a hostile environment it can be a lot of fun. Part of being successful in ARK is developing strategies for what you're going to do when you die, learning how to recover from death is part of the skill of playing ARK.

If you're feeling frustrated I suggest that you should spend a little time watching some of the videos on youtube that were created to help new players. There is a lot of good information in those videos an they will help you enjoy the game a lot more.

Good luck and happy hunting.

7 hours ago, thatonedodo said:

but how can i get to a argentavis?

Yes, new player.

That wasn't an insult, just stating the obvious while trying to offer you helpful information. If you're Lvl 82 and still don't know how to get to an argentavis then you're still a new player. There's no shame in being new, we've all had to go through the experience of learning how to do things in ARK.

12 hours ago, thatonedodo said:

i want more resouces but evean with flack i need a base to retreat to seince all argentavis murder me if i getto a mountian should i houl the stone base parts over there or not? is stone strong enough? any other good resource locations?

gotta work on your grammer man, I barely understood that. o.o
A good idea in this game is to build multiple bases.....Work your way to the next spot where you want to build at that has lots of resources nearby, and then build it out of stone.....Most dino's can't hurt stone buildings, not even an argentavis can hurt it. However you might want to tame a couple of those argentavis, as they reduce the weight of metal, ingots, crystal, obsidian, and other stuff. They are also rock solid mounts once you unlock their saddle....You can bump up their melee high enough to kill rex's, you can harvest corpses to recover health, and the ability to explore the map on a high level argy becomes a piece of cake.

try to build a trap and catch one.....Use stone as they cannot hurt it.

9 hours ago, thatonedodo said:

ok, but how can i get to a argentavis? to tame it

I will do a video tomorrow and show you how to build an argy trap....Iv got the perfect 'safe" trap. It will protect your argy from other wild creatures while it tames, and is very easy to make.....It only takes 1 stone foundation, 9 ceilings, 9 doorways, 9 fences, and 1 dino gate. However the dino gate can be substituted with a couple of more doorways if you only use it once.
Also I noticed you are a level 82, Im not sure and this is why Im asking, do you have a long neck rifle and trang darts? If you do, this will help to kite and tame one.

I assume this is on the island and you're talking about the metal mountain to the northeast of the swamp. 

If so that mountain is fairly close to the shore so you can simply build 3 stone dino gateways on a raft with gates on either end. Then just kite the bird in, shut the gate, KO it and drive away. Should be safe from any predators at that point.

If you dont wanna go the raft route just build a 2 story 2x2 stone structure. Have a door to escape out the back and leave the front 4 walls open. Make sure the 4 walls for the front are on one of your quick slots so theyre easy to place. Kite the bird in and place the front walls to trap him.

Now you can shoot him through the doorway in the back and once he's KOd shut the door to keep him fully protected from predators. 

Argys take massive damage to the head so if youre using a crossbow try to shoot his body.

Argies are the threshold for productivity in this game.  They are tough, regen health, and reduce carry weight of the most needful resources. The first one is tough, but subsequent tames become cookie cutter.

If you have a ptera... build a trap. Put ptera on passive. Lead the argie into the trap. Dismount and close the gate. Let it nom on the ptera while you shoot it. Very shortly, it will try and flee in your trap(leaving the ptera alone) and then you KO it.

When I built up on Scorched Earth, it took a long time to get an Argie as the places they dwell were nasty. I got higher level, tamed a Paracer and put a trap on it's platform saddle. I ended that day with 3 Argies. The first was basic... level 32. But if you don't have an argie, I'd trade a level 150 for it as it is simply more useful. Again... once you have 1 argie, start hunting for high level ones. 

On 4/13/2021 at 1:13 PM, thatonedodo said:

ok, but how can i get to a argentavis? to tame it

On the island, there is a little peninsula of rock at 47,47 jutting down from the north into the river.  If you can get a pter over there you can lure a nearby argy (there are plenty) and stop on that rock.  It will bite your pter but you might be able to 2-shot it with tranqs, then you're home free.  that little peninsula is oddly free of predators...especially in that area.

Get a low level, then repeat using the argie for a better one.

• 5 months later...
On 4/13/2021 at 4:32 PM, thatonedodo said:

new players? i'm lvl 82

I can hit 82 in 2days on a new character,  that's new.  Get to lvl 135, then you can call yourself a veteran.

There is an island off the South Eastern coast of the main island.  That's typically referred to as herbivore island.  There are ankys there which will be great for harvesting metal.   You can tame very freely on that island and get all the stone wood you need to get established.  You can also easily find and tame pteradons there which will give you a flier you can use to lure argentivaris into taming traps you setup ahead of time.

On 4/14/2021 at 12:24 PM, St1ckyBandit said:

I assume this is on the island and you're talking about the metal mountain to the northeast of the swamp. 

If so that mountain is fairly close to the shore so you can simply build 3 stone dino gateways on a raft with gates on either end. Then just kite the bird in, shut the gate, KO it and drive away. Should be safe from any predators at that point.

If you dont wanna go the raft route just build a 2 story 2x2 stone structure. Have a door to escape out the back and leave the front 4 walls open. Make sure the 4 walls for the front are on one of your quick slots so theyre easy to place. Kite the bird in and place the front walls to trap him.

Now you can shoot him through the doorway in the back and once he's KOd shut the door to keep him fully protected from predators. 

Argys take massive damage to the head so if youre using a crossbow try to shoot his body.

I tried to put dino gates on a raft this past weekend - and the message came up "cannot place that on this platform" .... So I think gates on a raft has been nerfed over the last while?

3 hours ago, DirkInSA said:

I tried to put dino gates on a raft this past weekend - and the message came up "cannot place that on this platform" .... So I think gates on a raft has been nerfed over the last while?

You can’t place behe gates on rafts but regular dino gates should be good to go. Made a training raft recently with two dino gates (on official) no problem. 

Archived