dedicated server transfer from scalacube.

jimblor111

Hey all, im fairly new to ark and even owning servers. i just recently upgraded my server on scalacube to a dedicated cluster and they had to give me two new servers to compensate for the old ones not being compatible. my question, can i transfer this data from my old server to new? 

The support team isnt being very helpful right now. 

29 minutes ago, jimblor111 said:

can i transfer this data from my old server to new?

That depends on your server provider.

I mean, yes the game files can be copied from any computer to any other computer, or from any server to any other server, as long as the owner of the computer/server gives you access to the filles.

Somewhere on your servers there will be a save directory for your maps (or maybe a separate save directory for each map, depending on how you configured your setup) and those directories can be copied to any other machine.

For example, on my server I have save directories  like so:

../Steam/arkdedicated/ShooterGame/Saved/Island

../Steam/arkdedicated/ShooterGame/Saved/Center

../arkdedicated/ShooterGame/Saved/Scorched

I can copy those directories to any other computer that I have the game server installed on and run those maps from any other server.

Really this is between you and scalacube, they have to make it possible for you to copy your saved files from your old machine to your new machine.

Do they provide backups for your data?  Do they provide the ability to restore said backups?  If so, transfer the backups from the old to the new server and restore it.

This assumes you are not changing platforms such as from PC to XBOX.

If your provider does not provide backup/restore features, gotta wonder why you are paying for the service.

At the very least, I would want to transfer the saves to my PC to verify I can play them locally if/when you no longer have access the hosting company.

Archived