Tek parasuar farm, Please help

Studious

So im bulding a tek parasuar farm i have the tek parasuars breed eggs the eggs drop into this 2x11 area i tried putting a theri to harvest the bodys somtimes it doesnt harvest the bodys sometimes it does harvest the bodys and once it gets 1 of each item it doesnt collect any more i tried putting it on wander to see if that will fix it, it didnt fix it, its on aggresive, so ima try another tame any suggestions on what tame will work? i need the metal and electronics from the tek parasuar babys.

Theri must be on aggressive. Victim item collection and harvest both turned on. Sometimes theri has low weight and could cause problems. When I use my tek parasaur farm I never put my theri on aggressive: it creates problems. Just let parasaurs hatch. Go in the fence every now and then, ride theri, and murder tek parasaurs. I usually use C attack only for metal, but normal attack shouldn't cause a problem. Try riding it and see what happens.

Also it's a thing that they do not want to harvest corpses, only kill them. Usually when another living thing falls near a corpse, while killing that it'll harvest the old corpse.

Not to hate on you if you genuinely enjoy having a farm like this for some reason but I just dont understand why people do this. It seems like a giant waste of time to me. If I needed dust I would use gachas as they would be much more lucrative and efficient. And if its for the metal oil or electronics, there are much faster and efficient ways to get 1000's of times more than you will get from a tek parasaur farm. I blame syntax for all the people following this trend.

Btw some people dont have the extinction dlc, Like if someone wanted to just do the island and go on and on with the dlcs also when u make the tek parasuar farm bigger and bigger it gets way better i figured out i needa use wolfs so i use them, i get 500 dust in a hour of walking around my base and i just made the farm which is so small.

3 hours ago, Studious said:

Btw some people dont have the extinction dlc, Like if someone wanted to just do the island and go on and on with the dlcs also when u make the tek parasuar farm bigger and bigger it gets way better i figured out i needa use wolfs so i use them, i get 500 dust in a hour of walking around my base and i just made the farm which is so small.

I understand that people want to do the maps in order, but man that sounds like such a chore in a game already brimming with grindy mechanics.

I went to ext today with my doed (not bred just a wild tame) and was getting 1000 dust per light pole. Sadly I dont think doeds can harvest dust from tek animal's bodies or I'd recommend trying it with your farm.

On 4/12/2021 at 1:19 AM, Studious said:

So im bulding a tek parasuar farm i have the tek parasuars breed eggs the eggs drop into this 2x11 area i tried putting a theri to harvest the bodys somtimes it doesnt harvest the bodys sometimes it does harvest the bodys and once it gets 1 of each item it doesnt collect any more i tried putting it on wander to see if that will fix it, it didnt fix it, its on aggresive, so ima try another tame any suggestions on what tame will work? i need the metal and electronics from the tek parasuar babys.

Best farm setup Iv seen is a 3x3, tek critters in a breeding circle, and a couple AC units under the floor {it was a floor high and the ac units was put as close to the breed floor as possible} And then a sabertooth in the pen set to murder everything nearby.
The problem however was the maturity rate was set to default and the sabertooth would hit them before they matured enough to be harvestable. Out of 5 tek babies, only one or two of them would actually get harvested. After bumping the maturity rate a bit, they was then able to start pulling what they wanted. I think they was after the dust tho.

14 hours ago, Piffguru said:

Not to hate on you if you genuinely enjoy having a farm like this for some reason but I just dont understand why people do this. It seems like a giant waste of time to me. If I needed dust I would use gachas as they would be much more lucrative and efficient. And if its for the metal oil or electronics, there are much faster and efficient ways to get 1000's of times more than you will get from a tek parasaur farm. I blame syntax for all the people following this trend.

quite honestly I found this method very useful for organic polymer. It took me some time to figure out how to keep the mosschops from getting killed from the penguins, but once I got it nailed down, I actually had to turn it off from time to time, had a vault compleatly filled with org poly

9 hours ago, wizard03 said:

quite honestly I found this method very useful for organic polymer. It took me some time to figure out how to keep the mosschops from getting killed from the penguins, but once I got it nailed down, I actually had to turn it off from time to time, had a vault compleatly filled with org poly

Ok in an unofficial situation where you can store org poly in a vault for long periods of time, I could see it being somewhat useful I guess. I still would prefer just transferring to crystal isles and harvesting some of those bee hives for basically unlimited org poly. But even then if I need poly I would rather do a obsidian run on genesis real quick, can make like 5k or more hard poly from 1 run with a magmasaur + a couple gas bags on official.

Idk Im all about efficiency in this game, and hard poly stacks to 100 instead of 10 and lasts forever so unless im making specifically ghillie or something that needs org, Id just get hard poly. But still to each his own I guess, I just figure people dont realize they are doing things the hard way in my opinion.

12 hours ago, Piffguru said:

Ok in an unofficial situation where you can store org poly in a vault for long periods of time, I could see it being somewhat useful I guess. I still would prefer just transferring to crystal isles and harvesting some of those bee hives for basically unlimited org poly. But even then if I need poly I would rather do a obsidian run on genesis real quick, can make like 5k or more hard poly from 1 run with a magmasaur + a couple gas bags on official.

Idk Im all about efficiency in this game, and hard poly stacks to 100 instead of 10 and lasts forever so unless im making specifically ghillie or something that needs org, Id just get hard poly. But still to each his own I guess, I just figure people dont realize they are doing things the hard way in my opinion.

My preference on poly is as follows; if I'm crafting something costly like an asc shotty (my 234% damage costs about 1200) is to do a quick penguin run and use organic but I also like to keep a few hundred hard poly laying around if I need a small amount to fix a scuba suit or a craft a canteen.

15 hours ago, Piffguru said:

well, I didn't make any adjustments to the settings besides a bit in mating cool down. But then again when I turn the game off, technically the whole server just paused. No spoiler timer advancement. So yeah, it does kinda help lengthen the time line. And the reason why org over hard is mostly cause Im lazy, on the island, and to make hard poly is a 3 step process.

First you gotta make paste {stupid beavers keep going extinct every time I smack the dams for paste} And that requires a huge amount of chitin and rocks or a swamp cave run with a frog. 
Next is obsidian, however the closest amount of obsidian I can get is either in a nearby cave or the run from the south beach to the volcano.
Then of course I have to babysit both the chem bench and the fabricator as it chews up and spits out hard poly. And in the end, typically its the same amount of poly as a penguin run.

And the run on an argy from south beach to the glaciers got quite boreing when you start hitting the big equipment items....vaults, industrial cooker, industrial smoker, blueprints for shotties, flak armor......I just said screw it, tamed up a bunch of them, brought them home, threw them into a self farm, and boom, no worries about the penguin run anymore. 

7 hours ago, wizard03 said:

well, I didn't make any adjustments to the settings besides a bit in mating cool down. But then again when I turn the game off, technically the whole server just paused. No spoiler timer advancement. So yeah, it does kinda help lengthen the time line. And the reason why org over hard is mostly cause Im lazy, on the island, and to make hard poly is a 3 step process.

First you gotta make paste {stupid beavers keep going extinct every time I smack the dams for paste} And that requires a huge amount of chitin and rocks or a swamp cave run with a frog. 
Next is obsidian, however the closest amount of obsidian I can get is either in a nearby cave or the run from the south beach to the volcano.
Then of course I have to babysit both the chem bench and the fabricator as it chews up and spits out hard poly. And in the end, typically its the same amount of poly as a penguin run.

And the run on an argy from south beach to the glaciers got quite boreing when you start hitting the big equipment items....vaults, industrial cooker, industrial smoker, blueprints for shotties, flak armor......I just said screw it, tamed up a bunch of them, brought them home, threw them into a self farm, and boom, no worries about the penguin run anymore. 

Yea I can understand if you are stuck on the island or choose to be stuck on the island then you are going to be relegated to doing things like this. If you use org poly often and you have a base on CI then I would still go to the bee cave as that would be much better than farming penguins for sure, and much faster. 

As for the hard poly stuff, When i need paste I keep a single gacha with about 10-12 snails around it to pick up the paste and I can get the 100 off each snail. Do that for like a week or 2 and I have more paste than I can keep in a tek dedicated storage. Last time I did that was like 3+ months ago at least and Im still not close to running out. Beaver runs, crafting from chitin, all that is garbage once you are established in this game.

So I already have a huge supply of paste, all I need to do is the obsidian run once in a while. There are massive amounts of obsidian around the volcano on genesis, more so than any other map I would say. So I do a quick run with a magmasaur, and some weight dinos like I mentioned before with gas bags is my preference but I also have used basilisks at times.. Take all of that back throw it in a replicator and craft 5-10k poly in like 5-10 minutes. When I am crafting asc tek armors for example, I need like 2-4k poly each craft so putting that much org in anything including a replicator just takes up too much space.

Oh something else I could mention, if you so choose to do the chitin crafting route for making paste, you can kill megachelon on genesis and get their shell fragments that can be grinded in a indy grinder or a tropeo and get crazy amounts of chitin fast. Early on my genesis build I did this to get some paste before I could transfer my gacha + snails.

16 hours ago, Piffguru said:

Yea I can understand if you are stuck on the island or choose to be stuck on the island then you are going to be relegated to doing things like this. If you use org poly often and you have a base on CI then I would still go to the bee cave as that would be much better than farming penguins for sure, and much faster. 

I seen someone do that on youtube and wondered if there would be problems like the beaver damns, after hitting them, they never respawn again......still, wow that was a lot of poly!

17 hours ago, Piffguru said:

As for the hard poly stuff, When i need paste I keep a single gacha with about 10-12 snails around it to pick up the paste and I can get the 100 off each snail. Do that for like a week or 2 and I have more paste than I can keep in a tek dedicated storage. Last time I did that was like 3+ months ago at least and Im still not close to running out. Beaver runs, crafting from chitin, all that is garbage once you are established in this game.

So I already have a huge supply of paste, all I need to do is the obsidian run once in a while. There are massive amounts of obsidian around the volcano on genesis, more so than any other map I would say. So I do a quick run with a magmasaur, and some weight dinos like I mentioned before with gas bags is my preference but I also have used basilisks at times.. Take all of that back throw it in a replicator and craft 5-10k poly in like 5-10 minutes. When I am crafting asc tek armors for example, I need like 2-4k poly each craft so putting that much org in anything including a replicator just takes up too much space.

Oh something else I could mention, if you so choose to do the chitin crafting route for making paste, you can kill megachelon on genesis and get their shell fragments that can be grinded in a indy grinder or a tropeo and get crazy amounts of chitin fast. Early on my genesis build I did this to get some paste before I could transfer my gacha + snails.

Yeah, been eyeballin the gocha's a bit now....their ability to slowly spawn select items over time such as black pearls, and their ability to auto collect stuff is looking real sweet. Will make it a number one priority when I hit extinction. But Im kinda playing through each map on its own just to get a feel of them all. In the end I will make the island my home base, so kinda a little extra grindy but for the mega base to showcase everything Iv gotten.
And as for paste, I forgot what I was trying to make, but decided to just go phyco on the paste for a bit. Iv got a bank vault full of it now. XD But the obsidian is becoming a bit of a problem, the cave thats close by that I hit a couple times is no longer respawning the obsidian. Like you said, some items require more poly than what you can put into the fabricator, so I had to go hard poly for those things. In the meantime, I might have to bump up resource spawning. >.>

6 hours ago, wizard03 said:

The bee hives respawn pretty quick on CI, they respawn with the speed of how rocks/trees respawn as opposed to how beaver dams respawn from my experience.

I was once planning on keeping the island as my main base location for like the first year of playing. I would go on little expeditions to other maps to tame up some of the other stuff so I wouldnt have to wait forever, such as with gachas, gasbags, manas, rock drakes, wyverns, etc. but after a while I realized that I dont want my main base on the island anymore. It now feels very bland there compared to other maps. I would much rather have my main base on CI, Valguero, Ragnarok, but even then I pretty much make my main base on whatever map Im currently working on beating the bosses, which is genesis for me currently(beat gamma working towards beta now).

After a while I was at the point where I really couldnt wait to leave the island once and for all which meant beating the overseer on alpha which required beating the dragon on alpha, so those were my two big challenges. Once I did those I said sayonara. 

When I did live on the island and I needed obsidian I would fly an argy to the mountain to the right of the over seer volcano's mountain. That one seemed to have the most obsidian. At some point tho I got some gachas to produce all sorts of materials including obsidian so made that less tedious aswell.

aye. Yeah, I may leave later. Right now tho, Im eye balling the north west snow biome for the big base. I was actually hoping for a snow map like they did a desert map. Apparently they decided just to do like the island and just throw all the bits together in one map and call it good. Would have made for an interesting mix up. But regardless, after my move, should have much more room for the tek stuffs and will literally be ontop of good resources.

Archived