Rework Passive Taming

KRONOSDOUBLE

Suggestion

Passive taming is great. Its a fun aspect that provides diversity compared to the knock out method of taming. But it needs a small rework.

There's no reason why after taking a hit, the taming meter of a dino should reset back to 0% if it's sitting at 99% of the way through taming. I can understand a reset of the taming bar a certain amount, perhaps more percentage lost the closer it is to being tamed, but instant resetting back to 0% after a small amount of damage taken is wrong and should be changed

6 replies to this server topic

Hey, I second this. Passive taming is pretty sweet compared to tranqing, opens up some earlier tames if you're patient and lucky. However, it isn't without its frustrations! I agree that they should rework it, although it seems like it'd be a daunting task. Personally I wouldn't expect something like that outside of a TLC.

With that being said, I know a lot of players solution is to build a small, quick pen around them and be done with it.

9 hours ago, Qwertymine said:

Can't say I agree, when you KO tame you have to protect(Most) creatures from being attacked, and if they do it encurs a penalty. I think the penalty for not making a proper pen or ensuring the safety of your passive tame should be pretty harsh, especially since a majority of passive tames can be easily moved or aren't at risk of being attacked by any creatures in their environment. 

Crystal wyverns are not easy to trap and tame, and often times you easily get spotted and attacked when taming one

Can't say I agree, when you KO tame you have to protect(Most) creatures from being attacked, and if they do it encurs a penalty. I think the penalty for not making a proper pen or ensuring the safety of your passive tame should be pretty harsh, especially since a majority of passive tames can be easily moved or aren't at risk of being attacked by any creatures in their environment. 

On 4/13/2021 at 2:27 PM, Qwertymine said:

Depends. If you stand on them yeah, they'll probably get attacked, but if you follow them probably not. The only passive tames that can't be moved when wild and are generally unsafe in their environments are Featherlights(You might be able to grab one with a Megalosaur, not sure though) and Megachelon. Every other creature is either relatively safe(Like Diplos, Basilisks, Basilos, and Tusos) or can be moved using creatures(Ex. Chalicos, Ovis, Equus, 

Either way, it still shouldn't reset all the way back down to 0% tamed or you were sitting at 99.9% doem with the taming process

16 hours ago, KRONOSDOUBLE said:

Crystal wyverns are not easy to trap and tame, and often times you easily get spotted and attacked when taming one

Depends. If you stand on them yeah, they'll probably get attacked, but if you follow them probably not. The only passive tames that can't be moved when wild and are generally unsafe in their environments are Featherlights(You might be able to grab one with a Megalosaur, not sure though) and Megachelon. Every other creature is either relatively safe(Like Diplos, Basilisks, Basilos, and Tusos) or can be moved using creatures(Ex. Chalicos, Ovis, Equus, Otters).

Archived