Classic Servers change big mistake inc

johnm81

WC please reconsider the additional maps you are adding during the two cluster merge. 

You will be greatly damaging the balance you have achieved. 

Imagine the imbalance caused by gasbags while no tek turrets will be in game. Consider snow owls meks manas and their ability to rush turret walls when said walls will be weaker. 

The defenses will be weaker for several reasons. 
1. No tek turrets. This can’t be understated. Gasbags and mana mek owl rocket runs are going to be imbalanced. 

2. No cave building. Forcing bases to spread out turret density further weakens walls to the issues of point one. 

Next issue Mek power creep. Breed lines are kept in check assisting balance by server resets. Mek OP stats can be found in a single OSD with no need for slow mut breed progression. 

Solution: allow the map but none of its engrams. This will give more space for building but not destroy this modes progress towards balance. 

On 4/11/2021 at 1:06 AM, Tylanater said:

Myself and many others I know play classic to not have to deal with BS manas. Rip classic pvp now. They'll be even better in classic

Wild Card still has a month to think this over. The problems with pvp of the official cluster which justified the creation of  classic are being undone by this change. I hope WC realizes that this will destroy Snail Games pet project of Classic PvP Servers.

Archived