Community Crunch 262: Classic PvP Cluster Merge and more!

StudioWildcard

• Volunteer Moderator
26 minutes ago, K4LLA said:

So devs are okay with copying/stealing artwork? That "raptor drawing" is just a shady drawn trough of this (and no, I don't know the original artist) https://wallpaperaccess.com/full/1235235.jpg

The original is the cover of an old game called Turok: Evolution.

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Dinobros2000 said:

this

Chances are ARK2 has been in development longer that some people think. Also, launch doesn't mean it'll be a complete ready product. More likely than not, it will launch and develop the same way as Ark, meaning Early access for at least 2 yrs after launch before the base game is completed. In theory with a larger studio/budget&experience plus a better easy to use engine and direct Microsoft support, that ''early access'' time might be a lot shorter this time around 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, KingOfAshes said:

Chances are ARK2 has been in development longer that some people think. Also, launch doesn't mean it'll be a complete ready product. More likely than not, it will launch and develop the same way as Ark, meaning Early access for at least 2 yrs after launch before the base game is completed. In theory with a larger studio/budget&experience plus a better easy to use engine and direct Microsoft support, that ''early access'' time might be a lot shorter this time around 

I think they have been working on it since extinction at least

31 minutes ago, Steelheadomada said:

Fix your game had multiple bloodstalkers starve because I logged off there were bloodpacks in the trough but a bug is preventing the bloodstalkers from eating when offline or out of render distance. The amount of time it takes to even manage to get bloodstalkers to breed is ridiculous not to mention raising them for hours only to have 5 starve while offline because your team sucks at fixing bugs and does not care when players lose dinos because you sell dinos on a market place for side cash. Hope you get railed by the IRS. 

They don’t sell dinos tho... this is conspiracy Theory. Also. If there is dinos being sold on offical servers, this IS NOT Wildcard, it’s some dude making money by playing video games 24/7

i dont mind if genises part 2 is delayed. The longer it takes them the better the dlc. I plan on playing this game for years and I want something I can enjoy endlessly. Personaly if it going to be delayed (its wildcard of course it is) then I would at least like a teaser or teaser trailer, something to keep us interested. I dont think wildcard should drip feed us like they did with extinction but at least a few teasers would be enjoyable. Now I know this may be a stretch but I think they should fix PG arks, for the further survival of the game having a random generated map feature would be fantastic and keep things interesting. The feature has been broken for years and many people dont even realize its in the game. The ability to attach it to ark cluster servers would be very interesting as well. I just think its dumb they put all that effort into something that doesnt work. Now I also think console mods would be nice as well and help keep the game alive for a long time, giving the community the ability to create there own maps and content would make the game super interesting. Console players have recieved hind tit for too long IMO. I dont think this is too much to ask for, I think its essential steps in order to keep the game popular for years to come, real examples of this for games like skyrim and fallout 4, both of which are great games but are made infinatly playable with the possibilities the mods can present. They both have DLC sized mods same as ark.

• Like 1

On 4/12/2021 at 10:13 AM, KingOfAshes said:

actually i suspect this have being working on it since aberation dlc, i remember before the launch the interview they were ask if they were working on ark 2 and they laugh but dint comment about it plus, i belive the game might come out on november since they never give a date for the early access just for the anime show, and since its a new game bet will be also a new engine and fresh coding (i hope) so there will be less problems but after so many years dealing whit this company i would't be surprise if they screw up again ( they better get good support staff for this one or poop will hit the fan really fast)

1 hour ago, FOX8619 said:

actually i suspect this have being working on it since aberation dlc, i remember before the launch the interview they were ask if they were working on ark 2 and they laugh but dint comment about it plus, i belive the game might come out on november since they never give a date for the early access just for the anime show, and since its a new game bet will be also a new engine and fresh coding (i hope) so there will be less problems but after so many years dealing whit this company i would't be surprise if they screw up again ( they better get good support staff for this one or poop will hit the fan really fast)

Bet they try the pay to play option. Which will flop , because their management and follow through on problems lack hughly. I'm begging that they go that route , it will end the game   lol

5 hours ago, kadenceflorence said:

i dont mind if genises part 2 is delayed. The longer it takes them the better the dlc. I plan on playing this game for years and I want something I can enjoy endlessly. Personaly if it going to be delayed (its wildcard of course it is) then I would at least like a teaser or teaser trailer, something to keep us interested. I dont think wildcard should drip feed us like they did with extinction but at least a few teasers would be enjoyable. Now I know this may be a stretch but I think they should fix PG arks, for the further survival of the game having a random generated map feature would be fantastic and keep things interesting. The feature has been broken for years and many people dont even realize its in the game. The ability to attach it to ark cluster servers would be very interesting as well. I just think its dumb they put all that effort into something that doesnt work. Now I also think console mods would be nice as well and help keep the game alive for a long time, giving the community the ability to create there own maps and content would make the game super interesting. Console players have recieved hind tit for too long IMO. I dont think this is too much to ask for, I think its essential steps in order to keep the game popular for years to come, real examples of this for games like skyrim and fallout 4, both of which are great games but are made infinatly playable with the possibilities the mods can present. They both have DLC sized mods same as ark.

I agree, mostly, except, console mods, Skyrim and fallout 4 did some diffrent weird thing to make mods available, something which Ark(1) can’t do. And if they did, it’s a lot of effort for Modders to make it compatible for console, then go through the approval prosses(likely through both the game devs and console people.) and if they decide not to spend hours upon hours of extra time making it work for a platform that is probably a small fraction of their player base. They then will get lots of hate and pressure from the community, making it kinda horrible for Modders, especially ones who don’t have lots of time.

oh right, and that approval prosses? That’s not just for the first relese, that is for EVERY update, no matter how minor.

2 hours ago, XxxGodzxxX said:

You shouldn't have to look in 5 different places for news for 1 game , that's just stupidity on WC's part  (bad management of the game )

But, they put the tween in the crunch because it was important. And plus, the 1 stop place for everything is Discord. And plus, stuff like minor teasers and word plays are ok if they are not on the main site. They are supposed to be difficult to find and interpret 

Edited by Dinobros2000

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
On 4/14/2021 at 8:52 PM, FOX8619 said:

This site provides great information about gaming like anime and I am very happy to be a newbie here. 

Edited by maxborn62