Community Crunch 262: Classic PvP Cluster Merge and more!

StudioWildcard

The entire development team is excited and anxious to share Genesis II with you.  Over the weekend, Jeremy Stieglitz (co-founder) shared some things he's been passionately working on for Genesis II, along with a teaser of ARK: The Animated Series.

Eggcellent Adventure is still live on all platforms. Time is running out to reap some eggcellent rewards.  The event ends on April 14th!  Check out this post for more details on the event.

Classic PvP Cluster Merge

large.conquest.jpg

On March 9th, Snail Games added a separate cluster from the existing Classic PvP servers which allowed newer players an opportunity to catch up to the progression that's been made in the current season before merging with the existing cluster. Now that the new Classic PvP recruits are up and running, the merge of Cluster A and Cluster B is not far behind.

Classic PvP is meant to offer an alternative PvP playstyle, and because so, it will undergo changes and seasonal wipes as the mode matures and more feedback is considered. The idea of what Classic PvP looks like and how it plays will continue to evolve as the game mode matures. This season Aberration, Extinction, Genesis I, and Crystal Isles will be added to the list of maps when the merged cluster launches in the first week of May. As we get closer to the merge, we’ll keep you updated with information on the exact launch date and time.

When the servers merge, the Classic PvP network will operate under the following rules

• Experience gain, taming, gathering will be increased to 250% compared to our standard Official Servers (2.5x)
  • Breeding, hatching, and raising will be doubled to 200% compared to our standard Official Servers (2x)
  • Tribes are set to 25 players max
  • Tribe alliances are disabled, though informal alliances are allowed
  • Servers have a maximum player count of 100
  • These maps will be available: The Island, Scorched Earth, Ragnarok, Valguero, and The Center, Aberration, Extinction, Genesis I, and Crystal Isles
  • Tek dinos (Tek Parasaur, Tek Quetzal, Tek Rex, Tek Raptor, Tek Stego), Paracer, Tapejara, and the Titanosaur are not available for taming on Classic PvP
  • Scaling of weapon damage has been reduced
  • No TEK Engrams
  • No cave building
  • Cryopods enabled
  • Tamed Stegosaurus Resistance reduced by 35%
  • Tamed Quetzal Resistance reduced by 20%
  • Tamed Wyvern Resistance reduced by 20%
  • Tamed Wyvern Damage reduced by 20%
  • Reaper Queen added to the Valguero Aberration Zone
  • Titans will not be transferrable

EVO Event

Ark_Evolution_Event_minimized.thumb.png.2d282a169df9bbbd0ba09a90303a7cec.png

There will be no EVO event while Eggcellent Adventure is live.

XBOX Spring Sale

Spring_Sale_2021_Xbox.jpg

Spring into massive saving with ARK up to 80% off as part of the XBOX Spring Sale!

ARK on XBOX

Playstation Spring Sale

Spring_Sale_2021_PS.jpg

Spring into massive saving with ARK up to 80% off as part of the Playstation Spring Sale!

ARK on Playstation

Community Corner

Clips/Videos

🎥Creator: NeddyTheNoodle

NeddyTheNoodle covers Helena Walker's Creature Notes across the various maps in this recent video.

🎥Creator: Cantex

Cantex is well-known for putting on epic ARK battles on Youtube.  If you haven't seen this fantasy showdown, it's definitely worth checking out!

🎥Creator: Mgen

Having trouble trapping Managarmr?  Check out this simple trap by Mgen

Fan Art

🎨 @kawarayane - Yuki Owl

Eyc_CpSUcAAB6rT.jpg

🎨HallOfFlameSs#3779 / @HallOfFlameSs1

image000.jpg

🎨soup - Raptor Drawing

raptor.jpg

🎨@sis_6193 - ARK x Apex

ExZeWCGU8AIHZ1a.jpg

🎨lordkomodo - ARK Survival Evolved Concept

ark_survival_evolved_concept_by_lordkomodo_d94vk92-fullview.jpg

In-Game Screenshots

📸Chogono

1617675910_20210406005127_1.jpg

📸Chaotic#7548

ARK_Survival_Evolved_Super-Resolution_2021.04.01_-_14.22.23.62.jpg

📸MACI#0858

2021.03.03-16.58_01.jpg

Misc.

🔨Sandburr - Ice Wyvern WIP

ice_wyvern_wip_by_sandburr_deh5b40-fullview.jpg

See you next week survivors!
Studio Wildcard

Twitter: twitter.com/survivetheark
Discord: discord.com/invite/playark
Reddit: reddit.com/r/playark
Instagram: instagram.com/survivetheark
Twitch: twitch.tv/survivetheark
Steam: steamcommunity.com/app/346110
Youtube: youtube.com/survivetheark
Facebook: facebook.com/survivetheark

View full article

Personally I wouldn’t mind if Gen 2 was delayed until next year if it meant that it’s opening would mean a near smooth addition in which has NEVER happened with any dlc or map addition to the game.  If this is true going to be one of the last additions to the game then make it so it works right the first time and not broken for an entire month.   Same goes for Ark 2, we are approaching the middle of 2021, and that is slated for 2022?  It doesn’t matter when in 2022, THAT IS WAAAAYYYY TO SOON!  Ark 2 being slatted for release means 2 things in mind: 1- either they have superheroes working on the game and it’s much farther along in development than we all believe.  Or 2- it is getting rushed, and rushed means things done half-ass, and nothing being tested.  With more bugs and breaks in the game and it will take them over a year for it to run somewhat halfway decent.  Just look at what we have had to endure with Ark 1 through the last 5 1/2 years, AND IT STILL ISN’T RIGHT!

Which speaking of stuff that needs to be addressed, how about fixing the flyers just up and walking off after they land, I almost got another 3-4 flyers killed last night because of that!  Also you should not be able to pick up eggs through a wall!  Getting stuck in the teleporter has become quite the annoying issue as well.

One more thing I would like to bring up is that creature spawns on Crystal Isles is kinda sparse at best, even when server pop is near 0.  Also the map is very sensitive to structures.  Don’t take me wrong I’m not complaining, base defenses might take out a few brontos like every 2 weeks, saves on bullets and fertilizer lol.  Just something I have been noticing compared to the other maps.  

just some suggested ideas that myself and others (that I know for a fact) would like to see a capped flyer speed option returned to officials, breeding and maturation rates increased permanently.  There are many other things that players would like to see come to the game.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ccz2887 said:

Personally I wouldn’t mind if Gen 2 was delayed until next year if it meant that it’s opening would mean a near smooth addition in which has NEVER happened with any dlc or map addition to the game.  If this is true going to be one of the last additions to the game then make it so it works right the first time and not broken for an entire month.   Same goes for Ark 2, we are approaching the middle of 2021, and that is slated for 2022?  It doesn’t matter when in 2022, THAT IS WAAAAYYYY TO SOON!  Ark 2 being slatted for release means 2 things in mind: 1- either they have superheroes working on the game and it’s much farther along in development than we all believe.  Or 2- it is getting rushed, and rushed means things done half-ass, and nothing being tested.  With more bugs and breaks in the game and it will take them over a year for it to run somewhat halfway decent.  Just look at what we have had to endure with Ark 1 through the last 5 1/2 years, AND IT STILL ISN’T RIGHT!

Which speaking of stuff that needs to be addressed, how about fixing the flyers just up and walking off after they land, I almost got another 3-4 flyers killed last night because of that!  Also you should not be able to pick up eggs through a wall!  Getting stuck in the teleporter has become quite the annoying issue as well.

One more thing I would like to bring up is that creature spawns on Crystal Isles is kinda sparse at best, even when server pop is near 0.  Also the map is very sensitive to structures.  Don’t take me wrong I’m not complaining, base defenses might take out a few brontos like every 2 weeks, saves on bullets and fertilizer lol.  Just something I have been noticing compared to the other maps.  

just some suggested ideas that myself and others (that I know for a fact) would like to see a capped flyer speed option returned to officials, breeding and maturation rates increased permanently.  There are many other things that players would like to see come to the game.

this

• Like 1

Game is nowhere compared to other games where you spawn in with items and dont have to wait on dumb timers to use the things in game. Like why the cryo sickness for five minutes because you are sick bastards that poorly developed a game and are adamant on running it in a manner that benefits absolutely no one. A very appealing game that a person can spend hours on and will have nothing to show for due to timers and the inability to maintain progress. Games trash.

• Volunteer Moderator
1 minute ago, Steelheadomada said:

Game is nowhere compared to other games where you spawn in with items and dont have to wait on dumb timers to use the things in game. Like why the cryo sickness for five minutes because you are sick bastards that poorly developed a game and are adamant on running it in a manner that benefits absolutely no one. A very appealing game that a person can spend hours on and will have nothing to show for due to timers and the inability to maintain progress. Games trash.

Then why are you playing it?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I don't know why (almost) everyone here is just crying?
I just can't understand.

I've been playing the game for 3 years and have almost 4000 hours in my account. I play it with my wife and children.
It's a wonderful family game where we ALL have a lot of fun over and over again. We take a lot of time with everything and don't have to be the best and the greatest.

It's a game, it has flaws, it can't be perfect. It's a program - every program has bugs.
Yes, a dinosaur will disappear one day. Yes, there were two - three bugs. My goodness, yes, one or the other server was offline for a few hours.
Even half a day ...
But there was NEVER anything that ruined our fun. The pleasure of the game breaks us down.

The really worst thing in the game (as in most other games) is much more the other players. There are so many assholes out there. Very often that is really poor.
Many children for whom nothing goes fast enough, who have no patience and calm. Best example: No patience for Genesis2 or ARK2.
Young people (and also older ones) who only know one thing: To have to be the boss on the PvE (!) Server. And a lot of stupid and disrespectful ones.
This is often the ONLY thing that destroys the fun of the game.

I just say: keep it up Wildcard!
ARK is a great game, with a lot of great features and an exciting story.
If Genesis 2 lasts until the end of the year, then so be it. If ARK 2 only comes in 2 years, that's fine with me.

Sorry, my English is not very good, I'm from Germany. But I absolutely had to get rid of it here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1