Why are DLC buyers disadvantaged?

Zapha

I have bought Genesis but I'm disadvantaged compared to those who play on the free maps and have not bought Genesis.

1.) A Crystal Isles player can have the cryofridge without killing bosses, he needs only the level.

If I play on Genesis I have to buy a full set of cryopods for all my dinos every 30 days, because I can only have a cryofridge after killing a boss. Because of this yesterday I lost my 3 basilos, their pods ran out of energy because I was not fast enough with replacing.

2.) A Crystal Isles player can unlock there all engrams from Scorched Earth and Abberration.

If I play on Genesis and want to unlock those engrams I have to do a risky travel to a Crystal Isles- or Valguero-Server, and also the risky return. There is two times a chance that I lose my char while the transfer.

So Wildcard, my question is: Why am I as DLC-buyer disadvantaged in this way?

57 minutes ago, Zapha said:

I have bought Genesis but I'm disadvantaged compared to those who play on the free maps and have not bought Genesis.

1.) A Crystal Isles player can have the cryofridge without killing bosses, he needs only the level.

If I play on Genesis I have to buy a full set of cryopods for all my dinos every 30 days, because I can only have a cryofridge after killing a boss. Because of this yesterday I lost my 3 basilos, their pods ran out of energy because I was not fast enough with replacing.

Can't you make yourself a cryofridge on one of the other maps and then port it in? Or travel to another map and learn the engram? I don't have gen so I don't know if that is not possible.

So do you also think that you're disadvantaged because you can't tame a giga on genesis?

If you think you're getting screwed over because you don't want to bother transferring to any other server then that's more on you than the game. Transferring a character isn't anywhere near as risky as you make it out to be. Transfer over with nothing, learn your engrams, and jump back. It'll take less than 15 minutes to be there and back if you have any idea of what you're doing. I guarantee you could transfer over to a CI learn engrams and even craft some cryofridges in less time than you're spending on running missions to replace all your pods.

20 hours ago, Zapha said:

...but I'm disadvantaged compared to those who play on the free maps and have not bought Genesis.

Short answer: No, you're not, you can transfer too & from any map.

ARK is intended to be a multi-map game, every map has good and bad points, advantages and disadvantages. Some maps limit what can be tamed, some maps have better average wild levels than others, some maps have Explorer Notes useful for boosting XP, some maps make it easier to get certain resources... and so on.

If you are only playing on one single map then you are disadvantaging yourself, that's not anyone else's fault, it's a choice you have made and you own responsibility for that choice.

18 hours ago, Joebl0w13 said:

Much like life. Ark ain't fair.

I agree, Joe! But in this example... it is totally fair because the opportunity is equal. I see so many complaints, many about legitimate buggy things... and I get that some of these posts are just venting ... I give them grace, man. But this... I'm stunned!

If you're super scared of transferring and want to keep your main character on one map, you still are not disadvantaged in that way because you have the option to make a second character to run around other maps, just don't try to transfer your secondary character onto the map containing your primary character lol.

Each main map has something that you need, that is kinda the point. I was really hoping this was a justified post. But the only thing I see is complaining.

What about trading with other people? Are you disadvantaged because you can't get them all to come to you either?

I've lost a character, so the people that say it's not as scary as all that.

Well yes and no. I played 10k+ hours and never lost one. Then I transferred just like this poster is saying and bam, char gone on rag. I was sad but she wasn't my main so I moved on. I now have played over 13k and not lost another one. So meh.

You have to know playing this game that you will lose crap and they aren't going to give you back what you lost.

I have a character with unlocks just for transfers now, simply because later in game when you want that shiny new Gen 2 etc dino, you will move servers.

Archived