Devs Plz Explain Why this Happen

Treffy

• Volunteer Moderator
24 minutes ago, Treffy said:

Someone can explain what is happening here? I am on small tribes, yes i know that a lot of dino is heavy but cmon we dont are on 2005, and the game inst using all my computer capacity... 16gb ram 2400mhz. I really want to know what is this game, this is a fault of devs or what?

OK-min.png.ec1385e4db729dd282ee40381d9cff4f.png

Why what happens? I don't see anything wrong in that screenshot, except that the process isn't responding?

16 hours ago, Treffy said:

This is probably a freeze, i have a rtx 3060 and the problem is "The program isnt working?"

You're asking a vague and pointless question without any useful context that could be used to help. You might as well say, "It's 2021, why aren't computers perfect yet?"

I'm not saying that ARK is a perfect program, far from it, it's definitely a resource hog (both disk space and computing resources). But if you're using Windows then you're going to see at least one program "Not Responding" every week, and games are pretty much always the worst category of program for freezing up. There are many reasons why programs freeze up, telling everyone the model of your video card is meaningless and useless. What you really need to do is examine your event log and other diagnostic tools if you really want an answer.

• Volunteer Moderator
On 4/9/2021 at 5:26 AM, Treffy said:

This is probably a freeze, i have a rtx 3060 and the problem is "The program isnt working?"

This is likely due to nametags. I can see a lot of them in the background of your screenshot, and they are known to have an impact on rendering due to their dynamic nature. This is not a well known feature, but press your END key which will only display them for the creature you are looking at.

2 hours ago, Treffy said:

so if i buy the best computer at the moment i cant run this game at 60fps in that situation?

Wow is that ever a terrible leap of logic, you have completely missed the point of the answers.

1) Even the best computer has glitches and freezes sometimes.

2) Even the best computer will have programs that freeze sometimes, especially games.

Your screen shot doesn't show the other programs running on your computer, for all we know your anti-virus was running at the same time, or you were running multiple programs and your computer was running into problems because of other programs and ARK having some sort of conflict with each other.

And again, "There are many reasons why programs freeze up" "What you really need to do is examine your event log and other diagnostic tools if you really want an answer. "

Having an expensive computer doesn't guarantee that everything will work right, even the most expensive computer is still just a computer and they will never be perfect. You need to do a better job of figuring out why ARK was freezing on your computer, there are multiple reasons why this could be happening.

This might be ARK's fault, it might not be ARK's fault, the only way to know is for you to provide much better information.

Archived