devs are bad at their job

7 minutes ago, Jen said:

Hey chevalierknight,

I'm sorry you've had a bad experience. Playing on a PVP server comes with certain risks, being captured is one of those risks. Players using the game mechanics as they are intended is not a fault with the game.

never said players using game machanics was a fault of the game. bad machanics are a fault of the devs really smart to give the players a way to stop someone playing for unlimited time with no way to die

8 hours ago, chevalierknight said:

in primitive im now in a cage been there 3hr thanks devs you gave big tribes more power great job -_- i have to join a new server now till it happens agian raptoring bad devs

Did the devs put you in a cage?

No?

Are you on a PVP server?

Yes?

Did the devs transfer you to a PVP server?

No?

Do you only want to PVP where you can't lose?

No? Start playing then and quit crying.

Yes? PVE server ----> that way.

2 minutes ago, NukeZX said:

Did the devs put you in a cage?

No?

Are you on a PVP server?

Yes?

Did the devs transfer you to a PVP server?

No?

Do you only want to PVP where you can't lose?

No? Start playing then and quit crying.

Yes? PVE server ----> that way.

if they added a gun that one shot all tame on the map you would say pvp server your fanboy ego is ugly

• Volunteer Moderator
8 hours ago, chevalierknight said:

in primitive im now in a cage been there 3hr thanks devs you gave big tribes more power great job -_- i have to join a new server now till it happens agian raptoring bad devs

Actually, the devs coded the game mechanics, along with the work done by others that created the models, textures, sound effects, icons, etc.

It is the game designer(s) that usually decide what content will be added to the game and how it should work.  I am sure the that devs will have had input on concepts, but it is the designers and architects that have the final say.

When I designed systems, that is exactly how it worked.  I would take input from the team, as a good devs will understand the purpose of their parts of the whole, and sometimes see something at the lower level you will miss at the higher level; so you get suggestions for something to improve the part, or a better alternative(and I did this when I was a dev). 

But, the ultimate responsibility of the content of the product is that of the designers/architects.

So, if you are going to insult someone, at least insult the right person(s), even if your insults have

Of course, avoiding capture and/or not giving people a reason to want to capture you, and you would not 'need' to come here and insult hard working people or blame them for you letting yourself get captured.

7 hours ago, chevalierknight said:

never said players using game machanics was a fault of the game. bad machanics are a fault of the devs really smart to give the players a way to stop someone playing for unlimited time with no way to die

I can understand your frustration, but I must disagree with your assessment.  

PVP can be brutal and unfair, but that is the nature of PVP.  PVP will never be fair, which is why I don't play.  People that play longer or develope large functioning groups can inhibit the play of a single player....by destroying bases, killing tames and confinement.  If you can't accept that, you will never be happy with this game.  However, you can't call them bad mechanics, because you can't counter them at this moment.  

There is a significant amount of manpower with keeping you confined and tranquil indefinitely and ensuring you can't kill yourself. You do have options;

Keep waiting for any opportunity to escape or kill yourself 

Find a different server with people more suited to your playstyle 

Find a private server with some restrictions

Play PVE

Wait until the game is FINISHED and all the different mechanics have been implemented and balanced. 

Again, I would be pissed if this happened to me, so I never play PVP because it isn't fair   Warfare isn't fair  it isn't supposed to be.  I would never attempt PVP unless I prepared for constant frustration.  

OP, jailing players is perfectly legal and has valid reasons.

It prevents players from respawning fast at their base and set up a defense.

This way the attackers can attack your base, pillage it without you constantly respawning and interfering or helping your friends, if you have them at your place.

YOU let yourself be captured, not the devs.

The attackers might jail you for this reason, or because reasons unknown, maybe you were a jerk on the server and earned it to be jailed, or maybe they are just douchebags jailing you for tears, which they have now, a full bucket of it.

Maybe a FFA full loot PVP game is not the thing for you.

13 hours ago, chevalierknight said:

. . . Kill yourself by punching the air? Join another server for a couple hours until your captors get bored, then log in and punch the air so you drain stamina, which drains food, which causes death... and your free. Problem solved. 

Basically playing this game, is not playing this game.
We should get new ideas like, creating a gun, that puts your target into sleep for 20-21 days. It would be so fun! Or a spear that you can hit enemies with, and every hit adds a day ban. So if you can hit your target multiple times you can ban him forever! XDDD

Keep these nice ideas coming guys, I'm sure the devs will implement these, I mean the cage is just the start!

28 minutes ago, ToXiN said:

Basically playing this game, is not playing this game.
We should get new ideas like, creating a gun, that puts your target into sleep for 20-21 days. It would be so fun! Or a spear that you can hit enemies with, and every hit adds a day ban. So if you can hit your target multiple times you can ban him forever! XDDD

Keep these nice ideas coming guys, I'm sure the devs will implement these, I mean the cage is just the start!

they cant see past the "its pvp" because their blind fanboys who cant see poor design giving people the power to just ban people from a server a tribe on a server i was on had 5 guys in cages for 20 pluss days.

3 minutes ago, chevalierknight said:

they cant see past the "its pvp" because their blind fanboys who cant see poor design giving people the power to just ban people from a server a tribe on a server i was on had 5 guys in cages for 20 pluss days.

Just because you got caged doesn't mean the game is ruined. We're trying to explain why you're wrong about the devs being bad at their job. This game is NOT FINISHED. Allow me to repeat, NOT FINISHED. There will be more ways to combat other tribes and avoid days in a cage. With how immature you've been, however, I wouldn't be surprised if you called me a 'fanboy' too. When the game is done, it'll be better. So quit whining and join a PVE server until they add more escape/suicide methods.

Just now, Gresh446 said:

Just because you got caged doesn't mean the game is ruined. We're trying to explain why you're wrong about the devs being bad at their job. This game is NOT FINISHED. Allow me to repeat, NOT FINISHED. There will be more ways to combat other tribes and avoid days in a cage. With how immature you've been, however, I wouldn't be surprised if you called me a 'fanboy' too. When the game is done, it'll be better. So quit whining and join a PVE server until they add more escape/suicide methods.

Why would they add such a broken thing to the game in the first place? I mean the cage is a good idea, not getting out of it -for like forever- is a terrible idea. (note: I have never been caged, hopefully I will never be).
You guys cannot hide behind the EA forever. But I have a feeling there will always be an excuse.

Archived