Lost Local Data on Epic why?

LuxBellum

HDD died and had to restart, however my data on favorite pvp server havent lost, still lvl 75 but why did i lose my host local progress? Is there a way to backup or recover? Isnt it supposed to be saved on my epic games data? How expensive could it be to save such info on epic games server? As much expensive as it could be, i dont think it would be such a thing....

On 4/8/2021 at 12:34 AM, LuxBellum said:

HDD died and had to restart, however my data on favorite pvp server havent lost, still lvl 75 but why did i lose my host local progress? Is there a way to backup or recover? Isnt it supposed to be saved on my epic games data? How expensive could it be to save such info on epic games server? As much expensive as it could be, i dont think it would be such a thing....

If you open the Epic Games Launcher and look at the Settings (bottom-left corner of the screen) and then look at the various options, do you have "Enable Cloud Saves" checked?

image.png.646c37ac5e565f9b424ceb32c60c043c.png

Epic does save backups of games using the cloud save feature and as far as I know that includes ARK (I have ARK on Steam, so I'm not 100% certain, but I also have a bunch of other games on Epic and all of them use the Cloud Save feature, so I assume it also works for ARK).

If you had that feature enabled before your HDD problem and you also have it enabled now that you have fixed things, then your host local progress should be restored from the cloud save. If it's not working then you need to start by talking to Epic, they are responsible for the Cloud Save.

On 4/12/2021 at 2:21 PM, Pipinghot said:

Also, whining about people not replying just makes you look childish. I almost didn't reply because of that attitude.

I know i shouldnt have done that, but if i didn't, my post would remain on the deep lost

And thanks, those settings are already activated from the past, even though this, my last local progress has not been able to load...

Archived