PVE scorched earth

zerpwnz

Due to the fact that most  "Island, ragnarok"  pve server are inactive during events for 7-11 hours every day, i thought about moving to a Scorched Earth, since this is the only map where pve servers do not fall during events. Are there people here who have main bases on this map? What are the nuances of the game on pve Scorched Earth in 2021?

• 3 months later...

I've had my main base on SE for over a month and really love the non-lagginess (although it does have it's moments, and the server I was on was down for almost 16 hours at the start of this current event, but I'm trying to forget that ever happened). 

It's fun because it's challenging and nostalgic because it was my first DLC map, but there are some things I wish I would have considered before making SE my home; 

- Meat farming is lack luster (not a lot of clusters of Dinos, everything is kind of spread out so it feels like it takes longer to meat farm)

- wind storms are for the birds (just not yours, you won't be able to get anywhere without extreme difficulty) 

- you will be HOT a lot and your base will require tons of AC's

BUT if you seriously can't stand the constant game freezes, and the tons of 
". 

. . 
... .. "

*in world chat, than SE is your map!

• 1 month later...
On 4/7/2021 at 10:22 PM, zerpwnz said:

Due to the fact that most  "Island, ragnarok"  pve server are inactive during events for 7-11 hours every day, i thought about moving to a Scorched Earth, since this is the only map where pve servers do not fall during events. Are there people here who have main bases on this map? What are the nuances of the game on pve Scorched Earth in 2021?

As some mentioned, you will just need to get use to predicting the weather events, jerboa is life.

You might occasionally have a wild wyvern passing your base, but will only attack if you online or really close to anger on your dinos. This is normally when some players are using the crag to get eggs then wyvern's often lose interest and scale the mountain which leads out to main base.

Water is definitely your friend (the less running you do, the slower the water drain, but tents good to also reduce heat stroke which becomes common if outside too long without desert cloth armor) and ensure your builds are with adobe or tek tier. Any other and you will suffer the heat drastically.

Agree with everyone, definitely one of the more stable servers, not too laggy but on windows pc version, do still eventually get dc'd (30ish min as of latest patch), just be aware!

Archived