Need help finding thylas

Froggysauce2021

What maps you have? I've stumble across a good couple in the Scorched Earth and the desert in Crystal Ilse (which is weird cause there ain't no big trees there). But Island Red Woods is almost guaranteed - just lay waste to whatever you see to force a re-spawn (not just thyclos) (If on single player - cheat & do KillAllWildDions)

21 hours ago, Froggysauce2021 said:

I can't seem to find any thylacoleo and when I do there always low level,  like the highest I've found is like 30. Im flying around the redwoods for hours it seems and nothing worth taming.  I just kill them and move on.  Plz help with any advice.  

If the highest you find is level 30 you could be on a server that is running on default settings. Unless somebody adjusts it, the max dino level on a server is 30.

On 4/6/2021 at 10:54 PM, Froggysauce2021 said:

I can't seem to find any thylacoleo and when I do there always low level,  like the highest I've found is like 30. Im flying around the redwoods for hours it seems and nothing worth taming.  I just kill them and move on.  Plz help with any advice.  

Its a pain, truely it is.....if your on a official, just keep at it. If your on single player or personal server, do a dino wipe. 

Also, be willing to accept a mediocre level if you come across one. Just get another one, do a breed run, and once you get a good set of parents, settle for the offspring.

On 4/6/2021 at 10:54 PM, Froggysauce2021 said:

You'll have better chances of finding higher level thyla's on free DLC maps like The Center and Ragnarok, the average levels are somewhat lower on the paid DLC maps like The Island and Scorched Earth.

2 hours ago, Pipinghot said:

You'll have better chances of finding higher level thyla's on free DLC maps like The Center and Ragnarok, the average levels are somewhat lower on the paid DLC maps like The Island and Scorched Earth.

And they're all over the place on The Center in the redwoods. I tamed a few micros yesterday and was dodging tree tigers left and right.

Funny, usually I see threads asking how to avoid them.

Archived