Why are my creatures losing levels when transferred?

TorgosSolaris

I transferred into Scorched Earth to get some supplies and do some taming, and I took my level 179 Pteranodon with me. When I downloaded him, his level read as 170. I tried going back to The Island and re-downloading him, but that didn't fix anything, he was still 170. I switched into Scorched Earth again to see if uploading and downloading affected all creatures this way, so I uploaded a bunch of tames I had around, and only the Lymantria was affected, going from 173 to 165, which doesn't really help me in figuring out what's going on.  It looks like transferring creatures between maps seemingly has the risk of downgrading them, which is annoying because I like to switch maps periodically without losing my best animals. Does anyone here know why this happens and if it can be fixed or prevented in the future?

34 minutes ago, Larkfields said:

You should contact the server admins to see if they're aware of the problem.
I might be wrong, but it sounds like you're on an unofficial server which has a different config file for each map - and the configuration of levels is not consistent across the maps. 

This would be my guess, maybe one has flyer movement speed enabled and the other doesn't

7 hours ago, Larkfields said:

You should contact the server admins to see if they're aware of the problem.
I might be wrong, but it sounds like you're on an unofficial server which has a different config file for each map - and the configuration of levels is not consistent across the maps. 

Edit: Nevermind, I figured out the problem. Thanks for the help though!

Archived