Is cave red loot drop still death trap?

Penguin73

In the southern desert cave on Scorched Earth.  I think it is the cave for the artifact of the destroyer.  There is a red loot drop that spawns in the beginning of the big cavern.  It sits upon a small ledge far below you as you look into the abyss.  I have read that trying to get down there is immediate death as there is a glitch in the coding or something.  Is this still true?  If not, can it be reached with a grappling hook?

• 4 months later...
On 4/5/2021 at 3:19 AM, Penguin73 said:

In the southern desert cave on Scorched Earth.  I think it is the cave for the artifact of the destroyer.  There is a red loot drop that spawns in the beginning of the big cavern.  It sits upon a small ledge far below you as you look into the abyss.  I have read that trying to get down there is immediate death as there is a glitch in the coding or something.  Is this still true?  If not, can it be reached with a grappling hook?

100% still deathtrap, don't even try to grapple or anything. You WILL lose your stuff and not be able to retrieve it. Still not a fix or move of the loot crate

Archived