How to even get 20 dinos in the Tek cave by yourself?

ARKinadium

Okay single players,

How do you get even 20 dinos in the tek cave before the door closes?

I have tried the conga line it doesn't work. The small door and curves along with the worst AI i have seen prevent more than 2 from being able to get in. Trying any sort of following where they follow the dino in front results in the dinos swimming in lava outside the door.

Trying to clump them outside the door and run them in one at time either results in them getting stuck on each other, or running out of time with only 10-12 getting inside.

Never done it solo, but have with 3 other players. Giga all the way until the last curve, aggro cave giga into the lava then back up to the cliff facing the forcefield to the cold area. Uncryo your rex army from the cliff on top the path below in rows. The person running the cave brought the majority of the rexes and showed me this technique, all I had to do is cryo my giga and unpod my personal rex.  Hope this helps.

I didn’t. I had 22 Rexes. I yuty, and a daedon. I had as much of the entrance covered with foundations and ceilings as possible. The yuty daedon and 15 rexes made it in. The daedon died, because he fell in the lava at the beginning and couldn’t get out. 2 of the 7 rexes who didn’t make it in decided to jump in the lava.

It's just such a setup. Everything on your first map leads you to the final boss showcase, and it's such a dumpster fire experience. Makes rather or not to buy ARK2 such an easy decision. Same bugs, same level of quality just with better graphics.

It's been that way since the beginning and rather than listen to feedback and improve things  they just leave it.

4 hours ago, ARKinadium said:

So all these views and only one reply? Does no one else play this SP, or is no one able to get them into the cave and through in time?

A lot of youtubers use mods like s plus. They can place ceilings way out over the lava. If you play on pc, I would recommend allowing yourself to build over these. 

On 4/3/2021 at 4:41 AM, ARKinadium said:

Okay single players, How do you get even 20 dinos in the tek cave before the door closes? I have tried the conga line it doesn't work. The small door and curves along with the worst AI i have seen prevent more than 2 from being able to get in. Trying any sort of following where they follow the dino in front results in the dinos swimming in lava outside the door. Trying to clump them outside the door and run them in one at time either results in them getting stuck on each other, or running out of time with only 10-12 getting inside.

Its a pain, a huge pain! First off, what dino's you have? Rexes, theri's, megasaurus....depending on body type is what your gonna need to work with. If its theris or within that body type, you can set their follow distance to low, and then tell one to follow the other, then the next to follow the next, ect. ect.

If its anything bigger than that, you will need to set their follow distance to medium, sadly if you go with low, they will start bumping into each other and typically into the lava. With that said tho, I absolutely think that 2-3 rex's are a must. Use them with both tek saddle for some long range cheeky shots, or high quality saddles to tank the close encounters to the bottom, hopefully get any gigas to go for a swim in the lava, and if one of the one's you are rideing on get hurt too bad, switch out for one of the others.

In all, the worst part seems to be the entrance to the cave. If you can make it into the cave with the crew, then its typically easier from there.

I had bred 20 rexes for the bosses and ascension. Thankfully they got used during the bosses so they weren't a waste. The Sad part is I was never able to get the rexxes in the tek cave and ended up doing the glider through the cave, and the tek suit shooting the overseer on Gamma without tames so I could ascend.

WC seriously needs to hire a qc manager and force them to play the game through to see how frustratingly broken it is in places. Leaving a lot of the stuff broken in the game (single player resource respawns, argies walking off, etc) speak volume on the WC culture of lack of quality/caring.

Having done the tek cave precisely one time (gamma) I came to realize that they intentionally made it near impossible to get unridden rexes in the tiny door (with curve immediately after). I would imagine smaller tames like theris would be much better. Mind you, we are a two person tribe, so getting a good number of my boss rexes in was beyond stressful. The entire cave was stressful due to the conga line problems. But the entrance was the worst. I think we got 30 in but I did indeed use s+ to build straight out over the lava, giving us the best approach to the door. 

On 4/3/2021 at 6:06 AM, ARKinadium said:

I play on a private PC server, you can't use cryos anywhere in the cave even in the first five minutes before the door closes. I heard you can do this on official? Maybe there is an .ini to change it?

I'm looking for a mod now to change this, as there is no way to micro manage these with all the negatives.

I also found I could not throw cryos out in the cave. I  wonder if there is a setting for private servers.

23 hours ago, ARKinadium said:

Thanks for the reply, if S+ lets you build outside the TEK cave I will probably look into it. I've been trying not to rely to much on it since Cedric onboarded to WC and doesn't have much time to keep it updated.

Cedric made Prim +

S+ is made by Orionsun who stopped work on it to work on Atlas but has been updating S+ again for a while now, or there's Super Structures and some other custom server mods all based on S+

On 4/3/2021 at 4:04 PM, ARKinadium said:

So all these views and only one reply? Does no one else play this SP, or is no one able to get them into the cave and through in time?

Primarily play singleplayer, never had any issues getting all my Rexes in. It used to be a pain the ass, but still doable, but now I just conga line in with lowest follow setting, they walk in fairly easily if I give them a wider angle. 

In my SP I had no trouble at all because I didn't use only Rexes. I recommend 10 Allos, 7 Rexes, 2 Daedons and 1 Yuty. The rest is organizing who follows who forming perfect lines - minimum distance between them all. Rexes up front, allos behind - two lines with 3 Rexes/5 Allos and one with the rest. Inside the cave you whistle "Move to" so the lines do not obstruct the way.

And the conga works with only rexes too, but you need to organize them outside - best thing is, you can make a backup (if it fails, you can try it again - after you learn how to organize is not that bad). And do not waste time doing the Gamma and Beta, do it only once in Alpha (unless you are going for the achievements).

• 2 weeks later...

Sadly, they patched it back in november so you can no longer use cryopods near the entrance or inside the cave, even with the door open. It's not listed in the patch notes, so either it was unintentional, or they didn't want to draw attention to it. So no more uncryopodding a giga and clearing the cave that way, sadly.

I took my rexes in lines of 4-5. I can get 20 rexes in with time to spare. Not a chance I'd get 50 in solo. The door is terrible design. He is an "arena" instance that you can take more dinos than normal into... IF... you can get them through this door with no real space on either side in 5 minutes.

I may one day go back and do it on beta/alpha but i was so frustrated with the entire experience i ended up just doing it solo with a tek suit and shotgun. I think the fact that WC listens to absolutely ZERO feedback on improving the game is just as frustrating as the things in the game which dont work right.

Archived