Shift keys 2 and 3 not working in Ark Survival Evolved on pc

gusman222

On 4/7/2021 at 6:57 PM, DirkInSA said:

Change the "keyboard language" in your OS (I assume windows and cause you type english pound sign, I assume you are conflated between having a UK & have a defined US keyboard)

thank you, that is not the problem. It does not shift from 3 to £ or 2 to ". The language setting is fine, it seems to be a bug in Ark that stops the shift function working along the numbers as it works fine on my computer outside of the Tab dialogue box in Ark. I've got around it by writing out what I want on notepad and copying it.

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmmm Old posts say to go into Steam and change the "language" there - but I just tried it and see only "English" w no variant for locale ... Maybe lodge a ticket for this. If only to get the satisfaction of getting an automated mail say " You have lodged a ticket" :)

PS Ark has to catch key stokes to know that  W is forwards & etc. But I dunno how they map the key stroke to "text" when in chat or whenever they are accepting text (on a sign for eg). I imagine that they would use the OS specific keyboard to char map - but maybe not .... Hence the ticket.

On 4/21/2021 at 9:03 PM, Zapha said:

The return key?

In Autohotkey it's "Enter".

No I mean any key-stroke. So W = Go forward in game but = W where the game accepts text input. And Shift 3 = # on a US keyboard during text input. But OP has a UK keyboard and Shift 3 there is a £ not a #. And Ark is losing this ......... This is not about hot-keys where you want to map a key that does some thing (like default of E to dismount a bird) to a different key. This is about text entry, in chat, or Dino name, or on Signs.

Archived