What's your favorite map?

AirplaneSlider

Favorite Map  

23 members have voted

1. 1. What's your favorite map?

Maybe it's recency bias but I really love CI.

Could never figure out a good hidden spot for a legit base but I love it anyway. It's beautiful and unique, yet functional in terms of housing basically every resource. It runs quite well too. I've yet to encounter a CI server that was unplayable like many of the Center or Genesis or Ext ones.

I transfer there all the time for metal runs. I find the metal canyon just south east of the red ob to be a great spot. Its got a ton of nodes plus really good cover with those massive bamboo trees.

Easiest map to get artifacts on too.

I used to hate wyverns until the crystal ones came along. The tropicals are just flat out awesome. Theyre my go-to mount now.

The loot crates in the eldritch isles are some of the easiest drops you can farm and have tons of good bps/items. Got an asc tropeo saddle one time.

9 hours ago, St1ckyBandit said:

Maybe it's recency bias but I really love CI.

Could never figure out a good hidden spot for a legit base but I love it anyway. It's beautiful and unique, yet functional in terms of housing basically every resource. It runs quite well too. I've yet to encounter a CI server that was unplayable like many of the Center or Genesis or Ext ones.

I transfer there all the time for metal runs. I find the metal canyon just south east of the red ob to be a great spot. Its got a ton of nodes plus really good cover with those massive bamboo trees.

Easiest map to get artifacts on too.

I used to hate wyverns until the crystal ones came along. The tropicals are just flat out awesome. Theyre my go-to mount now.

The loot crates in the eldritch isles are some of the easiest drops you can farm and have tons of good bps/items. Got an asc tropeo saddle one time.

Yeah I also had trouble finding a base there but I loved the scenery. At first I through the crystal wyverns were mean so I ran away from one lol

I like Valguero: good diversity of biomes, unique chalk-hills area, ruins, 4 kinds of bosses to fight, and it is like an anti-island with the water in the middle and the mountains for the borders.

I think Genesis gets overlooked because it may initially come across as cheesy, but it also has great variety and is really beautiful and unique in spots.

The Island is amazing but it has been played.

Extinction, Aberration, Center and Scorched have spots that I like, but they don't quite hold together for me to want to be there long term.

As for Crystal Isles, I know some people love the map.  I am not quite sure why I don't: I am not a fan of the floaty bits, nor the neon-wyverns.  Also, the color layout does not fit my tastes - while there is some variety, some regions just have too much of the same color: it just looks off to me.  For those that love it, I am happy you enjoy it.

Rag seems to have everything, but too much of everything.  If one natural bridge and waterfall is cool, then 50 of them must be cooler.

12 hours ago, MMaas said:

Just a working map without the 20 seconds rubberbanding or lag every few minutes. Or where your dino's disapear in thin air when taking a walk for imprint. Or where inventory bags not instantly vanishes when transfering bulk cargo...

But besides that, I do like the good old Island... I know, I'm a dinosaur ;)

After playing the other bigger better maps and going back to the island it feels so disjointed to me now, like the biome transitions are too abrupt or something.

Especially compared to CI, which I think is laid out fantastically. 

9 hours ago, St1ckyBandit said:

After playing the other bigger better maps and going back to the island it feels so disjointed to me now, like the biome transitions are too abrupt or something.

Especially compared to CI, which I think is laid out fantastically. 

I play mostly on CI as well these days, but since the update did re-instal the Jet Engine mod and added severe extra rubberbanding (from 5 seconds every now and then to 15 or 20 seconds every few minutes) the game is getting a bit frustrating. Also having dino's vapourized while on a walk for imprints or when dismounting does make me like that map less.

The Island is not bugfree but I've seen less issues there. If all runs well CI is by far prettier but resources are too easy to collect in huge quantities, degrading the gameplay. Who needs to grind for cp and obs when the bee cave is around the corner?

Archived