Dedicated Server NAT Type Error?

My roommate and I have a dedicated server running on an extra console, and we had started a dedicated Extinction session. Played fine for a few days, but one day extinction refuses to open citing some sort of network issue asking to verify NAT Type is open.

Nothing about our ISP or Router settings have changed since starting the server. And I can't find any solutions online that guide me through the process. All it talks about is setting up a DMZ from my router. Wondering if there's a solution available that is simpler.

For my Xbox, anytime i have NAT Type issues, i can normally resolve them by going through a complete power cycle.

1. Shut the Xbox down

2. Remove the power cable from the Xbox

3. Press the power button on the Xbox to drain any residual power

4. Plug the Power cable back in and turn the Xbox back on

I would try those simple steps before attempting anything more complex.

If the server has an open type, which is what you want. That’s good.  If the connecting players have moderate or strict, it can cause issues.  I have 2 players and a server all in same house. Sometimes one of the player Xbox’s needs to have the NAT type changed.  I have tried many things.  What usually works for me is to change the port in the Xbox settings.  For some reason it always works and puts it to open.  Maybe give that a try.  

I've tried both of the solutions that were suggested, I reset my modem again, I even tried it on both a different xbox and a different account. Everything gives the same NAT error.

Also, I've noticed that it switches the map back to The Island whenever I click through the text box, if that means anything.

Can anyone else try running a dedicated Extinction server real quick to see if it isn't just me? I'm at a loss here. lmao

I think i see what's going on here. You're talking about the new message you get when you launch a Dedicated Session. That's not an error message, however i can see how you thought it was because i did too when it started showing up, you can thank Wildcard for that. It's a new popup to inform you to run with an OPEN NAT Type, you get it even when while your NAT Type is set to Open. It's an annoying little addition they've added. I host my server on a Win 10 machine and can verify in real time that my NAT Type never changes from Open while launching my dedicated server.

I did have the same issue with it wanting to change the map when clicking the accept button, but i can click it from the edges and everything works fine, not sure of a workaround if it's doing it to you on a console.

so with that nat message and having the map revert back to the island, what you need to do is start single player on the map you want to host, so extinction, once you load in, you can back out and then should be able to host a dedicated on extinction. if you want to change maps again, you'd have to load that map in single player first then back out and run the dedicated. it's super annoying, but that's wildcard.

Archived