S+ transmitter - Stat scan - what does it show?

DillanPlayzGamez

Can anyone explain what the number mean when you look at the stats of a dino with the dino scan function of the S+ transmitter?

At first i thought it would be a simple substitute value e.g. 1 = 1000, 2=2000, but that doesnt make sense given that you can get a dodo with 3 health and a giga with 3 health and they both have wildly different stats. Then i thought it could be a 1-10 scale thing for each species e.g is you get 1 you are expecting low end stats for that specific dino and a 10 would be best possible for that species. But then i dont understand what the scale is, i mostly see 1-10 but occassionally see higher, most ive seen is 27 in corrupted spino health.

Thanks in advance for any help :)

On 3/28/2021 at 6:41 PM, DillanPlayzGamez said:

Can anyone explain what the number mean when you look at the stats of a dino with the dino scan function of the S+ transmitter?

At first i thought it would be a simple substitute value e.g. 1 = 1000, 2=2000, but that doesnt make sense given that you can get a dodo with 3 health and a giga with 3 health and they both have wildly different stats. Then i thought it could be a 1-10 scale thing for each species e.g is you get 1 you are expecting low end stats for that specific dino and a 10 would be best possible for that species. But then i dont understand what the scale is, i mostly see 1-10 but occassionally see higher, most ive seen is 27 in corrupted spino health.

It's levels (just as RageQuitter thought).

Just like your character, dino's have levels in different stats. When you level up if you put 1 level in Health you get 10 more hitpoints, or if you put 1 level into Movement Speed you get 1.5% more movement speed. Even though those are each 1 level higher they mean different things in different stats.

Dinos are made the same way as players. They have a starting number, a "base" number for each stat, and then when the game adds a level to that stat the actual amount of the stat increases by some amount, which varies depending on the species of dino.

In addition, one level of Health gives a different amount of Hit Points for a human, or a dodo, or a spino. Each species gets different amounts of HP, Stamina, etc. when you put 1 level into each of those stats.

When you look at the S+ Transmitter they're assuming you already know that 1 level of Melee for a spino is a lot different than 1 level of Melee for a dodo, no matter how many levels they have you're never going to be afraid of a dodo but depending on your level (and weapons & armor) you may or may not be afraid of the spino, but no matter how many levels they have it's assumed that you know which species to be afraid of and which ones not to.

Using levels, rather than the raw stats, makes it easier and faster for you to know which animals that you want to find (or avoid).

Let's say you use the transmitter to look at two different wild spinos, both are Level 125.

The first one has:

Health          19

Stamina       15

Oxygen        21

Food            17

Weight        19

Melee         17

Movement 16

The second one has:

Health          21

Stamina       17

Oxygen        17

Food            18

Weight        14

Melee         21

Movement 16

Even without knowing the actual values they each have you can instantly see that the second spino is better, it has more levels in Heath, Stamin & Melee. You don't care about Oxygen or Movement, since both of those are wasted stats on spinos and Food isn't important. The only thing the first spino has that's better is a better Weight stat for more carrying capacity.

Archived