Rat hole opinion

Blackmagic9000

Hello you cheeky dirty scrub lords, today i will be discussing my personal opinion that is rat holes and all the pros and cons

In my opinion, rat holes are not cheating, i rather deal with someone who is in a rat hole then a mesh base, as a mesh base can easily go anywhere to strike you or your base, have turrets in mesh to shoot at you etc

The devs i feel do not understand ark and pvp at all nor the difficulty that is pvp, pvp now days is cruel and you will be punished for every mistake 

People will do anything to raid you, doss you...inside you, heck mesh your base on alt accounts and so what if they get ban? They will just make more accounts to flood 

Rst holes for the most part are well hidden, more easy to defend/work with, with 100 turret limit there is very little you can do, all someone gotta do is toss 1 dino to drain turrets and gg you just got rekt

Rat holes offer safety for solos to a bigger tribe, devs think tek structures is king when in fact it is a double edge sword and as such metal rains king and queen 

PROS: safety, hidden in most cases and much easier to work with, players likely will have to crawl etc and can not toss dinos out easily or walk in with one

CONS: sadly as good rat holes are, you will not have the luxury of building how you want sometimes, all rat holes are unique and different, some are to small to work with while others are...just bad due to the map

Conclusion: while i understand pvp is well...pvp, rat holes are fair play, it's kinda like boxing all the nodes on abb to stop trolls from stealing your bats

It isn't against tos in my opinion as your not meshing, meshing is more harmful then a rat hole could ever be, my rule is this, if you can fit a rep in it then it is a good rat hole

It is an issue i believe in communication between devs and players, you can lose your whole base and the devs will likely not care, your 700+ work gone in one day

They treat the game like it's gg ez get gud kid, i personality feel there is no such thing as balance in this game, but this is just my opinion, what do you guys think?

Let me know!

• 3 months later...

By my understanding, an actual "rat hole" can't be accessed on foot, you either need to use a pelagornis or zipline to enter them, this is not "fair play", it's 100% meshing, it's just an invisible mesh you're glitching through.

If you just mean little cramped spaces that you can go in and out on foot, I don't see how anyone could have a legitimate problem with that, it's just playing smart and those spots shouldn't be labelled "rat holes" (or the spots that require meshing shouldn't be labelled such, "rat hole" has a certain ring to it that I don't like seeing used negatively)

• 4 weeks later...

Rathole are good, but you have to put the line what is a rathole and whats not. If you can "walk" into is a rathole. I mean, if the player can feet for the enter. A pelagornis spot or a narc spot is not a rathole, is a problem with the texture the dev make a mistake. 

Now i remember 2 in the float island on the center, both you cant enter with a dino but you can enter on foot, and know one you have to spawn a pelagornis inside to enter. That is not a rathole is a texture problem.

Archived