Community Crunch 260: Eggcellent Adventure 6 and More!

StudioWildcard

5 minutes ago, Zite said:

I CARE that black is not an Easter color....Many of us spent a very long time breeding 'black' to get full 'black' only to be told during the Fear Evo that OUR black is not "ACTUAL BLACK" ......gets screwed and must re--breed everything to make sure we bow down to WC 'version' of a color I learned in kindergarten. 

I have a JOB. I cant spend 10 hrs a day playing ARK, my only time is weekends or ***TIME I PLAN OFF IN IRL WORK SCHEDULE*** I feel like WC doesnt give a damn about these factors and it makes me want to just stop playing/let my base decay and move on.

• Facepalm 1

• Volunteer Moderator
47 minutes ago, Zite said:

I have a JOB. I cant spend 10 hrs a day playing ARK, my only time is weekends or ***TIME I PLAN OFF IN IRL WORK SCHEDULE*** I feel like WC doesnt give a damn about these factors and it makes me want to just stop playing/let my base decay and move on.

Ark PvP might not be for you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Zite said:

I CARE that black is not an Easter color....Many of us spent a very long time breeding 'black' to get full 'black' only to be told during the Fear Evo that OUR black is not "ACTUAL BLACK" ......gets screwed and must re--breed everything to make sure we bow down to WC 'version' of a color I learned in kindergarten. 

You do realize there are multiple shades of black right? It's not just a WC *version* of black, there are over a dozen of shades of black. Just because you learned about one shade of black in kindergarten doesn't mean that its the only color of black there is.

5 hours ago, Sausagedog85 said:

Another rather unexciting event.

collect items, craft items, lose items when event ends, all delivered with a heaped spoonful of server outages, crashes and lag.

There should be server events, competitions, egg hunts, rare finds.. but nope..instead we get more chibi pests and untamable dinos.

I remember the extinction chronicles where we had to find dirt piles to get bones to make bone skins. That was pretty cool. 

5 hours ago, spiritpaw said:

This is all AWESOME! I am very grateful for the fan art guidelines! Been wishing for that.

But what about art work or screenshots?

I assumed screen shots are IP but art like paintings? I mean I don't know what the rules are in general in painting and I don't currently paint.... I draw...But I know others do. So if you paint/draw an argentavis rider and it's inspired by ARK it's WC ip? But if you draw one and don't claim ark as inspiration it's not? THAT is where I'm confused.

Must be simple.

if you want to draw an Argentavis you need to ask WC who gave them permission to use it or to consult some scientific bases to find out who first discovered its existence in far past in order to ask for permission.

Same for  big spaceship in witch Gen 2 take place, there are several models of such ships with possible life and living inside published by various groups of scientists. As i don't believe that WC is going to reinvent hot water - there should be other authors of base model spaceship and life in it to ask for permission.

Also maybe could be idea to ask some religious groups what they believe about who is author of life on Earth in order to ask for permission to use his intellectual propriety. But im afraid that you will have same problem as with WC -communication problem.

Edited by oneof
  • Confused 1

Been waiting..... great fuel for these events. Bring on the Easter colours. 

Also want comment on new rules. I’ve been playing since I got the game, 4yrs. Never have I done anything against the rules. I’ve stayed away from that because of consequences and I love this game! I would need therapy if anything were to happen! I don’t agree with the fact that you would “dev wipe” a whole tribe for stupids ppls action of meshing. Not everyone is aware or players meshing and I kno ppl have been kicked from my tribe when it’s been found out. I didn’t work hard at the things I got for stupid pols actions and for u to think it’s right to take my stuff away. Recently you banned two ppl I play with. NEVER have they meshed. We think someone took their stuff and placed it there. Tickets have been submitted. 
If ppl are meshing in my tribe then a “thorough” investigation should be done. Not just dev wipe everyone or ban innocent ppl. There’s one in EVERY tribe from what I read in dc.

I’d rather pay for therapy then get another acct for a game and people I love. You guys are going about it wrong. Makes it look like your needing money by doing this so ppl will get alt accounts and have to buy the whole ark game again.  This game helps me with my depression. I’m 48yrs old. Big kid but, I would be in shambles if you dev wiped my tribe just for a couple idiots. 

Just now, ElmoTheFrog said:

Good Job Wildcard you legit didn't do poop about the teaming because this is what everyone does now? Send 6 people to one base another 6 people the the other and 6 dropping outside tp's you get streamers doing this Live like JamieNid did on 26/03 making it 18v6 and all players belong to Who? just from different servers Whats the point off playing Smalls if you ain't gonna do poop about teaming?

All that really was done is disallow closed abb zones?

12 hours ago, ccz2887 said:

I saw this and started busting a gut! Lmao.  You are very correct sausage. The official xplay server I play on starts goin completely bug nuts when the server pop reaches 40-45 out of 70......The servers can’t handle that population on top of a major event....on top of people transferring in and out and having to relog to render bases.  The servers during events should be powered by The Rock......not Richard Simmons.

You don’t have to relog to render bases after transferring. Ride the nearest dino/skiff and it will render everything within a few seconds. You could just leave a small rideable tame near your spawn beds specifically for this purpose.

I was looking forward to this upcoming Easter event but if the cryopod bug crashing games on PS4 isn’t fixed by then, what’s the point? Is there any information about a date for an update or will there even be an update to fix this issue?

Edit: Issues patched already. 👍🏻

Edited by BuckshotBanzai

11 hours ago, Zite said:

Why do you care what Wildcard thinks of your black? If it looks black to you isn't that enough?

11 hours ago, IcySuzi said:

Been waiting..... great fuel for these events. Bring on the Easter colours. 

Also want comment on new rules. I’ve been playing since I got the game, 4yrs. Never have I done anything against the rules. I’ve stayed away from that because of consequences and I love this game! I would need therapy if anything were to happen! I don’t agree with the fact that you would “dev wipe” a whole tribe for stupids ppls action of meshing. Not everyone is aware or players meshing and I kno ppl have been kicked from my tribe when it’s been found out. I didn’t work hard at the things I got for stupid pols actions and for u to think it’s right to take my stuff away. Recently you banned two ppl I play with. NEVER have they meshed. We think someone took their stuff and placed it there. Tickets have been submitted. 
If ppl are meshing in my tribe then a “thorough” investigation should be done. Not just dev wipe everyone or ban innocent ppl. There’s one in EVERY tribe from what I read in dc.

I’d rather pay for therapy then get another acct for a game and people I love. You guys are going about it wrong. Makes it look like your needing money by doing this so ppl will get alt accounts and have to buy the whole ark game again.  This game helps me with my depression. I’m 48yrs old. Big kid but, I would be in shambles if you dev wiped my tribe just for a couple idiots. 

Its your job to control who is in your tribe and to monitor their actions, wild card can't tell who has and hasn't meshed and they can't tell if the tribe knew they were meshing or not as people can lie about it. So the for sure way to make sure those who are meshing are banned, is to ban everyone in the tribe. In ark its 1 for all and all for 1 so better not allow shady people into your tribe and the MINUTE you find out someone is cheating then you either leave or kick them from the tribe. When you build in the mesh it shows the tribe name, and when wild card detects structures in the mesh, they ban the whole tribe. As for your friends, people can't take their stuff and put it in the mesh unless they are in the tribe with them, sorry but they should have been more careful about who they let in their tribe, or they are lying to you about them not meshing. It ruins the experience for actual players and personally I'm glad they ban the whole tribe so nobody gets off scotch free.

“Oh no, the official servers will lag!”

and? The serves suck. What’s anyone gonna do about that? Did you not expect Easter event and boosted rates and lag? Where is complaint here? And arnt they laggy, sucky, and crashy at all times? Like every 3 days I get discord pinged from the ark discord like 3 times, “taking server down to fix crash” “still investigating, hold your horses and don’t March on us!” “Hey we fixed it!”. 

Edited by Dinobros2000

On 3/27/2021 at 3:17 AM, IcySuzi said:

Maybe your problem is with official servers... unofficial usually are more properly moderated, and better performance, and have a select player base, so are likely to be less exploited, and! There wolnt be 10k peps on event day