start all over again on another map?

geriko521

Hi everyone, i'm playing with my girlfriend in co-op, we finished doing pretty much everything on ragnarok and we wanted to unlock the tech armor but if we can go already prepared on another map i think it would be too easy to tame the creatures, complete the dungeons and kill the bosses with the creatures we have on ragnarok and I don't want to ruin our gaming experience this way, but if things weren't as simple as I imagine then I might as well think about it .. what do you advise me to do?

Hi !
Unless you have ridiculousy hight boost rate that make tamed dinos overkill against their wild counterpart, I don't see any reasons why your adventure will be ruined by keeping your dinos from ragnarok. Other maps still offer challenges, and personnaly I appreciate not being forced to grind everything again when changing map... and I wont be mistaken a lot by saying most people do same.

On 3/26/2021 at 3:40 PM, geriko521 said:

Hi everyone, i'm playing with my girlfriend in co-op, we finished doing pretty much everything on ragnarok and we wanted to unlock the tech armor but if we can go already prepared on another map i think it would be too easy to tame the creatures, complete the dungeons and kill the bosses with the creatures we have on ragnarok and I don't want to ruin our gaming experience this way, but if things weren't as simple as I imagine then I might as well think about it .. what do you advise me to do?

It all depends on how much challenge/difficulty you want, how much time you want to spend playing other maps and how much you like the experience of leveling up characters rather than already having high levels.

For example: I have a group of friends on a private server and we've been working our way from map-to-map, starting with The Island and then moving forward. On each new map we start with brand new Lvl 1 characters. We explore, build, tame & level up those characters until we're ready to begin doing cave runs and preparing for the boss fights, at which point we move our Main characters over to the new map just for that final phase of the map. Of course that's just one way of doing things, I'm not suggesting that you should want to do it the same way, the only thing I'm really saying is that you have to decide how you two enjoy playing the game and what you want to do for your maximum enjoyment.

Speaking directly to your question, if you "go already prepared on another map" it will indeed be pretty easy compared to what you've been used to. If you start the new map and it's too easy there's almost no way to make it more challenging without starting that map over from scratch, so my suggestion to you is to start the new map the hard way and then you can take steps to make it easier afterwards if it's harder than you want it to be. Try the new map with new characters first. If you don't like that then bring your original characters over to the new map since they will already have a bunch of levels and engrams. If that's still not fun enough then you can start bringing over any dinos that you want to use on the new map. That way you can make the map easier one-step-at-a-time until the challenge level is just right for you.

Beyond that, if you haven't done this already, think about any settings that you might want to change now that you're more experienced. There are so many ways to customize the game settings using the Game.ini and the GameUserSettings.ini that you can make your game be as easy or hard as you want it to be.

And finally, mods. if you haven't been using them yet, there are so many good mods for this game that even just adding/removing a mod can make things different and more interesting.

Archived