Electromagnetic Pulse Grenade (EMP grenade)

PbPoison3r

Suggestion

Ok, this is a suggestion from my nine-year-old.  He told me exactly what to type:

--------

Electromagnetic Pulse Grenade

(EMP grenade)

A grenade that temporarily stops all electric and tek equipment. Also temporarily stuns tek animals.

The effect lasts for 15 seconds. There is a 30 second cool down timer before a second EMP grenade can be thrown.

The EMP grenade cannot be shot down by turrets. Crafting it requires one grenade, 10 biotoxin, and 5 electronics.

It is unlocked at Level 40. It is a Smithy craft. The EMP grenade affects a 5 foundation cubic volume of space.

The main intent of the EMP grenade is for players to be able to retrieve their inventory bags when inadvertently walking into turrets.

---------------

If this has been suggested before we apologize and support the suggestion.  Thanks

1 reply to this server topic

While I understand your main intent, it does seem like this would have bigger ramifications than you're thinking it does. You could cut power to and destroy the turrets easily, with no real need for Soaker dinos anymore. Base raiding would be made infinitely easier, especially in smaller enclosed spaces like caves. 

The interaction with Tek creatures would also need a change. Scouts, Meks, and Enforcers sure, but normal Tek dinos aren't much stronger than their organic counterparts, so it makes no sense to have a counter to them like this. 

Archived