F13-F24 Open Chat in Menu?

DranDivine

I have a Razer Naga Hex V2, which has extra buttons on the side, and most of them are bound to keys between F13 and F24, and something that's weird is that when I am in my inventory or any other of the menus, and I click one of them, it makes me start typing in chat. Doesn't matter if I have it bound to some other keys or if they are unbound, it seems that F13 to F24 makes me type in chat no matter what. Anyone know why this is?

• Volunteer Moderator
On 3/25/2021 at 6:34 PM, DranDivine said:

I have a Razer Naga Hex V2, which has extra buttons on the side, and most of them are bound to keys between F13 and F24, and something that's weird is that when I am in my inventory or any other of the menus, and I click one of them, it makes me start typing in chat. Doesn't matter if I have it bound to some other keys or if they are unbound, it seems that F13 to F24 makes me type in chat no matter what. Anyone know why this is?

This happens because one of your chat option in your keyboard settings is defined to "unassigned". Therefore, any keys that are not known by the game are matching that option. The volume keys on my keyboard have the same issue and will execute whatever first unassigned option that is found.

2 hours ago, DranDivine said:

They should update the game already. As time goes on, more and more products appear with more keys and functionalities, and having a game without some keys like that not supported is just stupid in my eyes.

You can edit the input.ini file to add/remove/change bindings that are not included on the configuration screens in the game client.

I used that file to map my Tame Groups to my numberpad and to remove other bindings from the numberpad that I didn't like.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/346110/discussions/0/133261907146869394/

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...
On 3/27/2021 at 2:05 AM, invincibleqc said:

This happens because one of your chat option in your keyboard settings is defined to "unassigned". Therefore, any keys that are not known by the game are matching that option. The volume keys on my keyboard have the same issue and will execute whatever first unassigned option that is found.

I asigned F13 to talk and still it does random actions. (Like show crosshair when walking, highlight first action bar slot or open chat when looking the menu)

Anyway, were can we find a list of all the ActionMappings? Maybe binding keys to all the actions would avoid this problem.

• Volunteer Moderator
29 minutes ago, Cucharon said:

I asigned F13 to talk and still it does random actions. (Like show crosshair when walking, highlight first action bar slot or open chat when looking the menu)

Anyway, were can we find a list of all the ActionMappings? Maybe binding keys to all the actions would avoid this problem.

The crosshair is usually the result of a whistle command that is unassigned (likely "land this flyer" that is not set by default). You can define it into ESC → OPTIONS → KEYBOARD SETTINGS.

Archived