Breeding tips

SavageDude1914

I was wanting some suggestions on breeding at least a quick opinion on what i should do. Currently i am playin on aberration and was wanting to use ten spinos and ten meglasaurs for the rockwell fight. (Before anything is said, I'm on my own singleplayer settings, so breeding and imprintng goes by much faster, and I relly love spinos, they are just flat out my favorite tames and dino :) ) being said, on my spinos, i currently have 2 mutations on health and  more in melee and wanted to know what would be a better stat to breed into the Spinos, along with where i should focus mutations on the megalosaurs. Thank you! 

(Here is the colors i had gotten before, they stayed the same for the baby with the other health stat)

Update: So it turns out there was an issue in my settings that i had discovered upon resetting the options to default. I reset the settings, and put the settings to normal, and the spinos health is actually 4247.3, rather than 2715.1, so thank you to who is was who mentioned the settings XD

IMG_20210319_085553.jpg

I would get a few more into health. You would mostly want pretty balanced mutations between melee and health. I would get a couple of health mutations and the rest melee.  Depending on what base stats you have you would want to go with some health and the rest melee. This obviously depends on your base melee and health.

I don't have a lot of experience with breeding megalosaurs. But depending on your base stats i would imagine you would want some health but most melee. Never really tried to get many mutations on megalosaurs. But this is what i have focused on when i actually did breed them. But i have never brought them to big boy rockwell so i don't know exactly what you would need. 

2 hours ago, MiniTrekker said:

I would get a few more into health. You would mostly want pretty balanced mutations between melee and health. I would get a couple of health mutations and the rest melee.  Depending on what base stats you have you would want to go with some health and the rest melee. This obviously depends on your base melee and health.

I don't have a lot of experience with breeding megalosaurs. But depending on your base stats i would imagine you would want some health but most melee. Never really tried to get many mutations on megalosaurs. But this is what i have focused on when i actually did breed them. But i have never brought them to big boy rockwell so i don't know exactly what you would need. 

Yea, i searched for spinos and only managed to find about three of them and all only had a little over 3000 health, but the melee stats were near and over 400, which kinda made up for it. Thanks for the tip XD 

7 hours ago, SavageDude1914 said:

I was wanting some suggestions on breeding at least a quick opinion on what i should do. Currently i am playin on aberration and was wanting to use ten spinos and ten meglasaurs for the rockwell fight. (Before anything is said, I'm on my own singleplayer settings, so breeding and imprintng goes by much faster, and I relly love spinos, they are just flat out my favorite tames and dino :) ) being said, on my spinos, i currently have 2 mutations on health and  more in melee and wanted to know what would be a better stat to breed into the Spinos, along with where i should focus mutations on the megalosaurs. Thank you!

Got some bad news, unless you have also adjusted health and melee in the settings, your spino's are prolly gonna get trashed. I think you gotta survive 3-5 waves of baddies to deal with the rockwell.

Best advice I got is to go ahead and try to save back a mother and father spino. Don't hit him with all of em.

12 hours ago, SavageDude1914 said:

IMG_20210319_085553.jpg

Cant really give an input on Spinos, since I never use them, but I do have a general tip when it comes to breeding for bosses. Use different breeding lines for each stat you want to mutate. 

If you have 2 different mutations you want to keep track of its easier to use 2 lines, rather than hoping that both higher stats transfer to a new baby. This will also save you the hassle of getting a mutation and not knowing where the points have gone.

13 hours ago, GrumpyBear said:

You should be able to get hp over 5k from taming.   I got 6988hp on one about 2 months after aberration was released.  We commonly tamed ones w/ more than 5k hp.  I would keep taming more, the amount of time that would take should be less than the time it takes to mutate the hp higher.

Yea, i remember when i first played over a year ago the ones i had were tamed with over 5k as a base stat so i was pretty dissapointed when i had tamed them, but i figured i could just get health mutations cuz i wanted toat least defeat rockwell and *possibly* the master controller before gen 2 came out, and actually transfer a few of them to those maps. I am happy with them so far because i can still pump health to get them to 25k hp, and do a pretty good amount of damage afterwards.

Agreed with the above. I just did a massive mutation farming on bosses dinos : Always keep your lines for health and melee separated.
It will be easier to track, and if you follow some basic rules your mutation stack count will increase only when you will have one new mutation. this video helped me to catch how to make things clean :

7 hours ago, St1ckyBandit said:

Spinos are pretty cool. They can be really good in the Val boss fight but Rockwell is probably easier on foot with a solid pump and cactus broth.

I'd usually agree but sounds like he's playing single player and Aberration is a b***h to transfer off just to go and get some cactus sap then there's the hassle of then having to go back up to the surface just to download it 😄

17 hours ago, wizard03 said:

Got some bad news, unless you have also adjusted health and melee in the settings, your spino's are prolly gonna get trashed. I think you gotta survive 3-5 waves of baddies to deal with the rockwell.

Best advice I got is to go ahead and try to save back a mother and father spino. Don't hit him with all of em.

Yea the only real setting i tinkered with were the exp, harvest rates, egg incubation, and how fast they breed. All stat setting are by default, which is why i as pretty sad about the hp stats :') 

Being said tho, i kept all of the bred spinos, "alpha males", and parents in my "Spinosaur Vault" soo that way if something does happen i can always just get some more no problem

12 hours ago, Tomm1e1 said:

Cant really give an input on Spinos, since I never use them, but I do have a general tip when it comes to breeding for bosses. Use different breeding lines for each stat you want to mutate. 

If you have 2 different mutations you want to keep track of its easier to use 2 lines, rather than hoping that both higher stats transfer to a new baby. This will also save you the hassle of getting a mutation and not knowing where the points have gone.

Also, I LOVE Spinos, I always did, even before the tlc for them too, wierd as it is to say, But i did think about that at some point, so i might do that considering i do have all the spinos ive bred in  cryofridge in my base. I appreciate the tip its seems really logical and ill most likely do it next time i play 

6 hours ago, kusty974 said:

Agreed with the above. I just did a massive mutation farming on bosses dinos : Always keep your lines for health and melee separated.
It will be easier to track, and if you follow some basic rules your mutation stack count will increase only when you will have one new mutation. this video helped me to catch how to make things clean :

And I'll definitely watch this at some point if i need to, now that im on spring break, Thank you for this XD  

5 hours ago, RageQuitter said:

I'd usually agree but sounds like he's playing single player and Aberration is a b***h to transfer off just to go and get some cactus sap then there's the hassle of then having to go back up to the surface just to download it 😄

Yessss, it really is, considering every time i want t get off my drake ner the obelisks, like three reapers always appear before i can throw out my spino to upload it into the ob

Breeding question

Hey question from a newbie: 

I recently got into breeding and got given a Dino with decent stats to breed with. The Dino is 0/20 and 6/20 with mutations. 

I want to breed this Dino to get more mutations but when I breed it with the females I have currently the baby comes out 5/20 and 5/20. I know I can’t breed that female again because it will go 10/20 and 5/20. 

How do fix this? Do I need to breed the stats from the mutated male into wild tamed females that are 0/0 on both sides until I get the stats from my male into those females ? 

Thanks, from a Bob

1 hour ago, Mccauley2 said:

Okay so if I tame up some low level wild females and mate them with the mutated male it will fix the breeding lines ??

Not fix but keep the mute counter at 6/20 until you get a mute you really want. 

The first set of babies can be disregarded. Identify your stud. Breed until you get a new mute on a new stud. 

Archived