New commandline:  -EnableEOSServerAuth

Jatheish

• Administrator

-EnableEOSServerAuth

This commandline is an improvement on the current EGS authentication that takes place when logging onto a server. We've been using it for a few months on Official Servers and want to roll it out wide to Unofficials. The primary purpose is to make connecting to a server more reliable (solves edge cases that would have previously resulted in failures), performance improvements, as well as some patching some potential exploits. The plan is to roll it out and just have it enabled as default, but if anyone wants to give it a try sooner, I'd greatly appreciate it. If anyone does happen to give it a try and you run into new issues related to it, let us know and we can look into it!

10 hours ago, Jatheish said:

-EnableEOSServerAuth

This commandline is an improvement on the current EGS authentication that takes place when logging onto a server. We've been using it for a few months on Official Servers and want to roll it out wide to Unofficials. The primary purpose is to make connecting to a server more reliable (solves edge cases that would have previously resulted in failures), performance improvements, as well as some patching some potential exploits. The plan is to roll it out and just have it enabled as default, but if anyone wants to give it a try sooner, I'd greatly appreciate it. If anyone does happen to give it a try and you run into new issues related to it, let us know and we can look into it!

Not a problem. I run a tiny cluster with the majority of users being from EGS, So more than happy to see if this reduces the occasional sign in failure

Archived