Decay bug? - Lost almost all dinos

Vit0Corleone

I took a break for about 2 weeks and just came back to see almost all my dinos dead on their Cryopods inside the Cryofridges.

From what I can tell, the wirings decayed, which caused Cryofrides to loose power. 

This seems a bit weird, since AFAIK the cryopods are supposed to last 30 days outside of a fridge, or did this change somehow? Or is there some bug related to decaying?

I don't know exactly how many days I've been away, but judging from the generator, it can't have been too long:

image.png.3f5b6966670523d83c1e7cc364598b99.png

3 minutes ago, Joebl0w13 said:

Bug. If I remember right, if you would have restored power to the fridge before you opened it, they would have been fine.

Alright, thanks.

Knowing how Wildcard deals with "lost dinos", not even going to bother trying to get this solved. Just the thought of providing "evidence" of thousands of dinos lost makes my head hurt.

I guess my break will be extended ad eternum. Hopefully Ark 2 will come out less buggy than this mess.

Yea roughly it goes like this, you afk for 2 weeks and your cryos are all at full power with 30 days on their timers so you think well I have until the power goes out and then additional 30 days before they decay. But what is actually happening is when you log on and go open the unpowered cryofridge the game does a calculation checking the last time it was opened and if there is power now. So it will be like oh there is no power and last time you opened it was 40 days ago, so it figures it must have been unpowered for those 40 days and boom dead dinos in an instant. If you power the fridge before opening it then it will be like oh its been 40 days but its powered now so it must have been the whole time and so it shows all cryos at full power.

So always repower the device before opening it. Doesnt work with regular fridges unfortunately, ive tried to power them before opening but foods and stuff will still have decayed away, yet with cryofridges that just how it goes. I like to open my fridges a bit more regularly now just in case to reset that last time checked hidden timer, even if I dont take anything out, just open and close it.

Archived