Element drops from boss fight (not getting it all)

TroyParry

I'm  playing PvE on Valguero.

The first time I did the gamma level attack and got 90 element, which is correct.

I then did beta level but got 0. None of my Deinos died.

I then did beta level a second time and only got 90, which is the amount you're supposed to get from killing Manticore, but I didn't get any from the other 2 bosses.

What am I doing wrong? How can I ensure I get all the element from these boss attacks? None of my tames are dying, and i've checked all their inventory.

• Volunteer Moderator
37 minutes ago, TroyParry said:

I'm  playing PvE on Valguero.

The first time I did the gamma level attack and got 90 element, which is correct.

I then did beta level but got 0. None of my Deinos died.

I then did beta level a second time and only got 90, which is the amount you're supposed to get from killing Manticore, but I didn't get any from the other 2 bosses.

What am I doing wrong? How can I ensure I get all the element from these boss attacks? None of my tames are dying, and i've checked all their inventory.

Did you check the inventories of the bosses themselves? If the creature dealing the final blow has more than 50% its weight it won't collect the content of its target inventory.

1 hour ago, invincibleqc said:

Did you check the inventories of the bosses themselves? If the creature dealing the final blow has more than 50% its weight it won't collect the content of its target inventory.

Element is super light though, and all my deinos are 200+ weight and holding nothing other than the saddle. I'm on a Yuty and not attacking. The Daeo is 1000+ weight and didn't have anything in it's inventory. Most of the Deino had some hide and meat (1 stack of each), doesn't weigh that much though.

I'll check the bosses next time, i'll test easy mode again before I try the hardest mode. Wanted to clear this issue up first before I do that one.

2 hours ago, invincibleqc said:

Bad news, just did easy mode, killed the dragon first and 40 element and a gamma dragon trophy was in my inventory. The dead body remained, nothing inside it. I happened to got stuck on the tail, then my Yuty got knocked unconscious. I continued on 1 of the Deino. The Mega boss was killed, but don't know what happened to the body. The Manticore was also killed and vanished upon dying, no body to search. I ended up leaving with only 1 trophy, 40 element, and 3 flags...

There are a few things you could be experiencing here, first as @invincibleqc said, you should always check the inventories of the bosses themselves. First issue I ran into on valguero bosses is lets say you kill the manticore last, and lets say you killed it with a ranged weapon like shotguns cause the damn thing never wants to land. Its body will vanish and you wont get the element. Which is why I always tried to get the final hit on manticore with one of my rexes so it would go into its inventory. Its also not specific to manticore its just whichever of the 3 bosses you kill last is the one that is going to vanish from my experience and its usually manticore last cause like I said it has issues landing.

Second issue is that yes its true if your dino bites the boss killing it and the dino has enough weight to auto grab the contents then it will have your element, BUT deinonychus getting the killing blow with its bleed damage instead of its actual bite damage acts just the same as you shotgunning the boss to death and therefore it will not auto grab the element and it will still be on the bosses carcass, which goes back to why you should always check their inventories. Small caveat with this boss fight is that if you kill lets say the dragon first, the body will not stay there indefinitely, much of the time before you finish killing the other 2 bosses, the first one you killed aka the dragon in this example will have decayed away so its a good idea if you can swing it to jump off your tame and check the bosses inventory as soon as you kill it.

So when I did this fight a bunch when val first came to official, I would go in with 3-5 deinos to glitch out and kill the dragon first and very fast, keeping all my rexes back not attacking and no where near the dragon/deino fight as the dragon will be trying to attack the rexes and will breath fire hurting the deinos its glitching trying to walk over at its feet. Then jump off my yuti and check the body of the dragon for element. Then the rest of the dinos being rexes that I would bring in would be sent to attack the megapithicus, which because of doing the alpha fight with mediocre rexes I would whistle in the deinos to attack the monkey together even tho some deinos might die(they were disposable wilds, not mutated). This just helps speed up the process of getting to fighting the manticore which you want as much time as you can get cause of the landing bug.

When fighting the manticore I would also send in the deinos to attack for most of the fight cause every bit of damage helps and the bleed is no joke, but once the life of the manticore is starting to get low I whistle deinonychus passive and out of the battle so it doesnt die to the bleed and when the life is really low I stop shotgunning it as well just trying to coax it to land and get chomped by the rexes. This was the only way to guarantee I would be getting all the element from that fight at the time. Everybody and their mother has their own little superstitious techniques to get the manticore to land more, like leaving only 1 rex out in the open and the rest under the rock over hang. Or walking the entire army back and forth through the arena, or walking a rex up onto the top of the rock overhang to get closer to the flying manticore to get it to target you and come down, etc. And sometimes they work but its not a guarantee by any means and sometimes the damn thing just wont land. so if I can get the last hit with the rexs its preferable but if Im about to lose the fight and my whole army I would just accept losing the element from the manticore and finish it with the shottys. Anyway this was very long winded but I hope it helps you.

Edit: also if you are able to do the fight with 2 people have both people on yutis as they will cleanse each others torpors with their roars so neither of you will go unconscious. If you are solo, unless you are very good at dodging the manticores attacks, your yuti is likely to go unconscious during the fight and you will need to jump on a rex. You also said you got stuck on the tail of the dragon, very common also but I usually am able to get my person out by crouching and moving in different directions, and its my yuti or other dinos that get stuck there. If that happens whistle them to follow you and run past the body, they should get loose and come to you eventually. Or at worse when the body of the dragon decays you can go get them.

On 3/26/2021 at 2:07 AM, Piffguru said:

There are a few things you could be experiencing here, first as @invincibleqc said, you should always check the inventories of the bosses themselves. First issue I ran into on valguero bosses is lets say you kill the manticore last, and lets say you killed it with a ranged weapon like shotguns cause the damn thing never wants to land. Its body will vanish and you wont get the element. Which is why I always tried to get the final hit on manticore with one of my rexes so it would go into its inventory. Its also not specific to manticore its just whichever of the 3 bosses you kill last is the one that is going to vanish from my experience and its usually manticore last cause like I said it has issues landing.

Second issue is that yes its true if your dino bites the boss killing it and the dino has enough weight to auto grab the contents then it will have your element, BUT deinonychus getting the killing blow with its bleed damage instead of its actual bite damage acts just the same as you shotgunning the boss to death and therefore it will not auto grab the element and it will still be on the bosses carcass, which goes back to why you should always check their inventories. Small caveat with this boss fight is that if you kill lets say the dragon first, the body will not stay there indefinitely, much of the time before you finish killing the other 2 bosses, the first one you killed aka the dragon in this example will have decayed away so its a good idea if you can swing it to jump off your tame and check the bosses inventory as soon as you kill it.

So when I did this fight a bunch when val first came to official, I would go in with 3-5 deinos to glitch out and kill the dragon first and very fast, keeping all my rexes back not attacking and no where near the dragon/deino fight as the dragon will be trying to attack the rexes and will breath fire hurting the deinos its glitching trying to walk over at its feet. Then jump off my yuti and check the body of the dragon for element. Then the rest of the dinos being rexes that I would bring in would be sent to attack the megapithicus, which because of doing the alpha fight with mediocre rexes I would whistle in the deinos to attack the monkey together even tho some deinos might die(they were disposable wilds, not mutated). This just helps speed up the process of getting to fighting the manticore which you want as much time as you can get cause of the landing bug.

When fighting the manticore I would also send in the deinos to attack for most of the fight cause every bit of damage helps and the bleed is no joke, but once the life of the manticore is starting to get low I whistle deinonychus passive and out of the battle so it doesnt die to the bleed and when the life is really low I stop shotgunning it as well just trying to coax it to land and get chomped by the rexes. This was the only way to guarantee I would be getting all the element from that fight at the time. Everybody and their mother has their own little superstitious techniques to get the manticore to land more, like leaving only 1 rex out in the open and the rest under the rock over hang. Or walking the entire army back and forth through the arena, or walking a rex up onto the top of the rock overhang to get closer to the flying manticore to get it to target you and come down, etc. And sometimes they work but its not a guarantee by any means and sometimes the damn thing just wont land. so if I can get the last hit with the rexs its preferable but if Im about to lose the fight and my whole army I would just accept losing the element from the manticore and finish it with the shottys. Anyway this was very long winded but I hope it helps you.

Edit: also if you are able to do the fight with 2 people have both people on yutis as they will cleanse each others torpors with their roars so neither of you will go unconscious. If you are solo, unless you are very good at dodging the manticores attacks, your yuti is likely to go unconscious during the fight and you will need to jump on a rex. You also said you got stuck on the tail of the dragon, very common also but I usually am able to get my person out by crouching and moving in different directions, and its my yuti or other dinos that get stuck there. If that happens whistle them to follow you and run past the body, they should get loose and come to you eventually. Or at worse when the body of the dragon decays you can go get them.

Thanks, I think you confirmed what I was suspecting, it's the Deino DOT that causes the issue. I'm raising my Rex now so I can try with them.

I'm on a very good, peaceful server, which means the performance is quite good, however hardly any people only when I am. I also prefer to solo since i'm trying learn everything the hard way and not rely on any help lol. Thanks again!

6 hours ago, TroyParry said:

I also prefer to solo since i'm trying learn everything the hard way and not rely on any help lol. Thanks again!

Nice to hear this for once when every server on official is spammed with CAN I HAZ PT CAN I HAZ MANA CAN I HAZ KIT in chat like people bought the game just to have everything given to them. Play the damn game !

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Just did alpha boss fight on rag and manticore did not drop element, trophy or manticore helmet. Healed rexes and did it again just to test it and nothing from manticore again? Something is definitely wrong, ive done this fight at least 100 times over the last few yrs and have always got element and trophy in the rex who killed its inventory, the dragon is different as we know but the manticore always supplys it to the rex who kills it. WC we love all the new maps and content but an overhaul of the old maps with regards to spawn rates and things of this threads nature is long over due. Extinction is a prime example, after the orbital drops were taken away, once reinstated there isnt even half the amount of drops or veins there originally was. I do the rag fight regularly just for fun but ultimately it is to farm the element and getting all the artifacts and especially the tributes  together takes quite a bit of time and effort which is fine but at the end of all that its such a letdown to not get what we should

Archived