Unstuck Button

SulfurAce

Suggestion

9 replies to this server topic

No longer needed, I know, but you can force yourself to defecate if your food bar is white. Doing so drops the poo on the floor, which can be picked up and eaten. This does a reasonable amount of damage to you. You may need to map the defecate button to do so.

Wildcard reminded people about this when they released the cage, because of exactly this reason. Feasibly, you could put someone in a cage and knock them out to force feed/water them indefinitely, which would grief them.

Another option is to look up the custom recipes you can make, and boost your crafting skill heavily before making a cyanide capsule. Raw meat, spooled meat, faeces will all drop your health in a recipe, so you can force yourself to die using them.

Related tip: your food drops faster if you need to defecate.

The game is amazing and the people working on it does an excelent job, but sometimes some small bugs happen like when we get stucked on meshes, like in the midle of walls, or stones that can't be destroyed and we cannot move or do anything. (Something that is normal and happen on most games) I think it would be a great ideia to add an option to be able to free yourself fron thoses things when it happens.
 I'm not saying to make an option to allow the players to free themselves fron trap of other players on pvp and holes or alike that are on the map on purpose to be a chalenge on the game. I'm saying that this option should be used only when the situation is really a bug, not when the situation is there on purpose for gameplay purposes for example.

There are several ways to get 'stuck', trapped in a spot in some way. Offhand I can think of these:

1. Some idjit builds a base at a spawn point, and doesn't leave a way out. While it's nice to claim vengeance and report the idjit, that's a ridiculous trail of bureacratic email exchanges that may never bear fruit-and for "now", you're trapped and can't play.
  2. Flying faster than a base rez's in, and being trapped inside. An alternate to this, someone left a roof hatch open and I managed to fall in, no way out.
  3. Crowded by terrain/dinos. Just yesterday I was a bit too close to both a looming tame giga and a wall when I tried to dismount a stego. I had to logoff/on several times, and still press random keys before I escaped. you can also be trapped in a (un-mine-able) rock formation.

Both city of heros/villians, and I believe, Wow, has a legal command: /stuck, or something similar. This teleports, or perhaps retracts (timewise) your movement , some distance. This could only be used, I think, once 'in a while', an hour, or per login, etc.

I'm not sure that would work in all cases, as neither of those games had vast, player-built bases you can get lost in. 

This is what's needed:

• It needs to be immediate & player initiated: Since "GM" intervention, from my experience, takes weeks and a scheduled appt
  • It needs to preserve the player's inventory. Suicide is not the answer beyond very low levels

One idea is to somehow invoke what occurs during a server transfer: the current server map comes up, allowing the player to spawn-intact- at a different spawn point, or their own bed network. Just invoking the bed-to-bed transfer would leave inventory behind. Obviously, the use would be temporally limited, or once per login, as above.

I've been waiting 4+ days for a ticket resolution. I can't play, since my character spawned attachedcto a pillar in someone's base and cannot move.

WoW, City of heros/villains,  and other mmos long before Ark have had a "stuck" comnand that would free a character by teleporting a short distance. In the ones I've used, it had a once-in-24-hours restriction .

Ark need this!

Hello. So, there I am playing Ark on single player (cause I'm brand new to it, I want to explore the game at my own pace, and I don't have the time or patience to deal with randoms who are tryhards and trolls on servers) and I find myself stuck in the crevice of several large rocks with nothing on me to use at all, nor any resources to craft, and I just love how at this time it looks like my only solution is to wait about a couple hours real-time to starve to death (sarcasm).

Is there any reason whatsoever that for the last four years of this games release, the devs never once considered the necessity for coming up with a button to unstuck players when they get stuck in things like a crevice with no way out? It's practically like being stuck under the map. It just seems redonkulous that this sort of thing hasn't been conceived by anyone in all these years.

And before the comments flow in, I'll just get one likely comment out of the way from some PC troll so we can move on to serious comments: "WhY dOn'T yOU jUsT qUiT thE GamE tHeN yoU nOob? Or HaVe fRieNdS tO plAy wITh?"

Archived