Already this posted in bug reports

AshleyLee

I am posting this here as a general comment about the cryopods to see if others have had this issue and or let others know.  I already filled out a bug report so please don't move this post.

I seem to have found a bug with cryopods. Recently, we had a player who had to leave for an extended period of time, months.  In november 2020, I setup a tek gen and tek shield to protect his base and put all his dinos in cryopods and in cryofridges.  There was thousands of element and the tekgen and tek shield never went down. He recently came back last weekend on the 19th of March.  Where his base was located was in an very inactive area on a very unpopulated server this was intentional to protect his base and dinos.  

When he came back and we checked his cryopods over 90% of them were "empty" and tribe log showed hundreds of lines of dead in cryo that based on the ARK day happened about 2 months prior.  

As a precaution when he had left I kept a complete backup of this server files.  I figured something odd happened and loaded the backup server files. Despite full tekgen power it appears that when ARK is loading map and the cryopods it is first checking last date and current date IRL dates.  Before it checks that they have power. So it sees its been over 30 IRL days kills everything then loads up the rest of the way.

So when I connected and loaded in every single dino was dead despite cryopods having charge and the tribe log showed that it happened mere minutes before.  I'll try to get SS but I am unsure how to 1) recover his dinos w/o ark killing them as there doesn't appear to be anyway to circumvent this problem.

I am able to replicate this issue just by reloading the save again.

No mods on this server

Update:  further testing.

This particular issue with this player I had actually used a mod (only temporary) called StructureSaver2 to save his base and items back in October 2020.  The server is an xplay server steam/epic.  So I only used the mod to save his base then removed it, that is one of the great features of this mod.  I found that I still had the original save from structure saver mod.  I restored his base.  Within about 5min of restoring it, suddenly every single dino in cryo was "killed".  It appears that cryopods have some internal coding of IRL Date and when the server gets around to "checking" them despite them being in powered cryofridges, it only sees the difference between cryo'd and current IRL date and wipes them.

No other mods or modded structures are used and structure saver2 works exactly as its supposed to since this problem originally came up just over long period of time on an completely un-modded server.

Theory: Several weeks/months ago there was an ark update about stasis also being implemented for bases.  If i had to guess this is maybe a side effect of that update, it also could have always been an issue just rare enough to escape attention.  Until i stumbled upon it in a very specific manner.

I welcome any feedback or thoughts from the community on this as that is the point of this post.

Thanks

• Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, AshleyLee said:

I welcome any feedback or thoughts from the community on this as that is the point of this post.

Whether a Cryopod charges or dies happens when you actually open the fridge, as demonstrated there:

It is possible that somehow the game thinks the fridges aren't powered, perhaps due to an issue with how it was restored by that mod or missing data that was added after it was initially saved, etc. Try to restore the fridges, then cut their power and power them back on and see if that do the trick. Alternatively, try to place a new generator before opening the fridges.

1 minute ago, invincibleqc said:

Whether a Cryopod charges or dies happens when you actually open the fridge, as demonstrated there:

It is possible that somehow the game thinks the fridges aren't powered, perhaps due to an issue with how it was restored by that mod or missing data that was added after it was initially saved, etc. Try to restore the fridges, then cut their power and power them back on and see if that do the trick. Alternatively, try to place a new generator before opening the fridges.

ya i tried this independant of mods too, i'm gonna use a test server and change the server IRL date see if they stay.

i even restored them and quickly put them in new cryofridges and still within about 5min they all died

Archived