Dark Omen Sanctuary

XaosRes

As always, thank you for making the videos and posting your maps. I look forward to them every week. Unfortunately, something else I’ve been looking forward to for sometime now is a chance at an Ascendent TEK Rifle and it seems that it is broken this week. I’ve restarted on solo game at the loot box probably 15 times and no rifle. 

Turns out you were right, of curse! I went back on a mission to stay committed until I got a rifle. After about 100 openings I got my first rifle and then the game crashed. When I reloaded it, it was back to right before I opened the chest!!!!! So patiently went back to opening chests. 75 or so chests later got another rifle, so it is in the drop cue, just RIDICULOUSLY rare for whatever reason. 

That being said, lets talk a minute about this. 175 openings to get “a rifle”; not necessarily a NICE rifle. I think it ended up having something like 535 damage and costing over 3,200 element to make. I see yours has more damage and you play in a medium server which makes a 535 damage rifle in a hard server not that impressive at all.  In my server which is the game I care about, going in 3 times per day, (21 tries in a week) I would have never even seen that rifle. Why make something So damn rare to find only to then turn around and also put a 3,200 element price tag to make? At 10 element per trip, even counting the weekly dungeon bonus, that’s close to 300 dungeon entries, if you dont use your element for absolutely anything else and just save it to make a rifle. 

I’m not sure what drives the thinking behind making it so rare and so difficult to obtain a good TEK rifle. Maybe in PVP game (which I dont like and have very little knowledge on) is a game changer to have one. But on PVE is completely not necessary. Just something to complete the TEK set and look cool. I think it may be a seriously overlooked effort-vs-reward balancing issue. 

To get an ascendant rifle in PvP, is near to impossible though you only could run a dungeon per day and then you have to pay for.

On singleplayer you can use the save-restore method on multiplayer not.

Keep in mind, it took me over 20k chests to get the ascendant stuff I have at the moment, but not all my gear is ascendant cause they were way more bad than my journeyman.

20k chests only to get ascendant ones, not counting in the ones to get apprentice and journeyman before.

Archived