Kibble Recipes

FullCabbage

Hello everyone. I'm still fairly new to Ark and only have about 3 days played on the game. I was wondering what all the kibble recipes are so I can get some dinos tamed up for the broodmother. I know I need Yutis, Rex's, and maybe some allo's, but I need the kibble to tame them easier. If you guys could drop down the recipes for all the kibble that would be great. Unless this site is dead.

The snack is not absolutely necessary! It only speeds up the taming process significantly.

I've tamed hundreds of animals and never used snacks. Most of the time I do my taming on event days with improved taming conditions.
You can also achieve faster taming results with sheep, which is why I prefer to play on Valguero.

2 hours ago, FullCabbage said:

Hello everyone. I'm still fairly new to Ark and only have about 3 days played on the game. I was wondering what all the kibble recipes are so I can get some dinos tamed up for the broodmother. I know I need Yutis, Rex's, and maybe some allo's, but I need the kibble to tame them easier. If you guys could drop down the recipes for all the kibble that would be great. Unless this site is dead.

Hi Cabbage, welcome to ARK and you have a lot of fun to explore and discover with this game. :)

You should bookmark the wiki that Piffguru linked above, it has lots and lots of useful information for everything in this game. You will find that it will answer most of the questions you'll have as you explore & learn.

4 hours ago, Entenkiller said:

The snack is not absolutely necessary! It only speeds up the taming process significantly.

I've tamed hundreds of animals and never used snacks. Most of the time I do my taming on event days with improved taming conditions.
You can also achieve faster taming results with sheep, which is why I prefer to play on Valguero.

Kibble has a better taming efficiency though so you get better stats if you use kibble vs the second favorite foods. 

I think kibbles are a waste of time because the time you need for making the kibbles is roughly the same time you save while the taming with kibbles.

Sure, if you have a kibble farm running, then you will save a lot of time. But how many months do you need to raise a kibble farm? And how many time do you spend for taming?

Do the math and in most cases you will see it's a waste of time.

7 hours ago, Zapha said:

I think kibbles are a waste of time because the time you need for making the kibbles is roughly the same time you save while the taming with kibbles.

Sure, if you have a kibble farm running, then you will save a lot of time. But how many months do you need to raise a kibble farm? And how many time do you spend for taming?

Months?? Um I can start fresh and have extraordinary kibble being made within like 2-3 days on official. Its not hard at all, and the time difference isnt the issue really its the taming efficiency as others have stated. Just tame a couple yuti's, make a small greenhouse for advanced crops, tame a herbivore like a rhino or something to get the advanced crops seeds or you can do that by hand but it could take you an hour of tedious looking by hand. If you are on valguero you dont even need the yuti's just go grab the deino eggs, very easy even with a simple ptera. If you are on crystal isles you can go farm honey by the hundreds very easily, if on another map you can just do it by hand or use a bear to get a bit more. There is zero need for any other kibbles other than extraordinary tbh so you dont need a whole "kibble farm" as they were in the long long ago.

22 hours ago, Entenkiller said:

You can also achieve faster taming results with sheep, which is why I prefer to play on Valguero

Yeah I've tamed up a couple of dinos but with the settings I am playing with and me being impatient I just prefer for the higher level stuff to be tamed quicker. Thank you for the advice!

1 hour ago, Piffguru said:

Months?? Um I can start fresh and have extraordinary kibble being made within like 2-3 days on official. Its not hard at all, and the time difference isnt the issue really its the taming efficiency as others have stated. Just tame a couple yuti's, make a small greenhouse for advanced crops, tame a herbivore like a rhino or something to get the advanced crops seeds or you can do that by hand but it could take you an hour of tedious looking by hand. If you are on valguero you dont even need the yuti's just go grab the deino eggs, very easy even with a simple ptera. If you are on crystal isles you can go farm honey by the hundreds very easily, if on another map you can just do it by hand or use a bear to get a bit more. There is zero need for any other kibbles other than extraordinary tbh so you dont need a whole "kibble farm" as they were in the long long ago.

Yeah I never really played seriously until now but since I am finally starting everything up and playing seriously so I just needed to know what kibble is recommended and how to make it. Thanks!

8 hours ago, Zapha said:

Ok. I'm just playing solo and on a different map with a couple buddies and were trying to have some fun with it. Thanks for mentioning it though.

On 3/23/2021 at 1:36 PM, FullCabbage said:

I honestly like to go with yuty's. It is a "one kibble tames all" kibble so no matter what you want to tame, rex, argy, basil......it does them all

20 hours ago, Zapha said:

for the very "brief" time I was able to play online, it was actually more profitable than you might think. I only tamed up low level yuty's, so they didn't take too long, and it always seemed that I found a sheep before I trapped one. Taming 6 yutys took two days and I got 3 more accidentally. {they trapped themselves in natural crevices} I do have to admit, I got super lucky in getting a oviraptor out of a dead base in a cryopod, but since I had already collected a small assortment of eggs already, it wouldn't have been much effort in getting one. 
After a week of fooling around with metal production, improving my base, and getting tameing gear sorted, I had enough kibble to tame two thylocoleo, lvl 35 and 85, and a lvl 135 basil {Probably the only dino I would absolutely insist you use kibble on, otherwise you will have to wait for a tameing event}

So do you have to? Prolly not. But months at a time? Not really

22 hours ago, Zapha said:

The main benefit of kibble isn't time, it's getting the most levels possible out of a tame.

This usually doesn't matter for low level animals (unless they take a long time to tame like therizinos or unless they burn through torpor fast and you want to conserve your narcotics). But when you're taming high level animals then kibble starts to become pretty darned important. Using meat/berries to tame a Lvl 150 is just a waste of a good animal, that's when you want to be sure you have kibble ready.

Archived