What are you guys start up plans/strategies as a solo on official pvp

Kyler101

11 minutes ago, carbonark said:

This. Even when you look at what's needed for breeding setups, you need a lot of space to efficiently breed and raise tames. More space means needing to control and defend more area which doesn't work when your main defense is trying to keep a small footprint and avoid detection. Every aspect of Ark's design further stacks the deck against small tribes and solos to the point where those players are essentially playing an entirely different game if they want to be even remotely competitive.

i agree

2 hours ago, carbonark said:

This. Even when you look at what's needed for breeding setups, you need a lot of space to efficiently breed and raise tames. More space means needing to control and defend more area which doesn't work when your main defense is trying to keep a small footprint and avoid detection. Every aspect of Ark's design further stacks the deck against small tribes and solos to the point where those players are essentially playing an entirely different game if they want to be even remotely competitive.

This is very true. Before cryopods is was pretty much impossible for a small hidden tribe to breed. Probably the reason it took me so long to finally start doing boss fights.

However with cryos and a sky quetz it is doable now. It's a bit precarious for sure because space is limited on a sky quetz but I've bred 5-6 rexes at a time.

Imo cryos were the single most important addition this game has seen in its life cycle. 

1 hour ago, St1ckyBandit said:

This is very true. Before cryopods is was pretty much impossible for a small hidden tribe to breed. Probably the reason it took me so long to finally start doing boss fights.

However with cryos and a sky quetz it is doable now. It's a bit precarious for sure because space is limited on a sky quetz but I've bred 5-6 rexes at a time.

Imo cryos were the single most important addition this game has seen in its life cycle. 

Not disagreeing with you that you can technically breed on a sky quetz, but you still can't really have a full pvp breeding setup that way either. It may work to get some rexes for boss fights, but it's not really viable to use for raising gigas, manas, rhinos and mass raising carbos as soakers. The problem that still remains there is that you can't really raise tames quickly enough for pvp with that setup unless you have a constant rotation of breeding and raising going 24/7.

43 minutes ago, carbonark said:

Not disagreeing with you that you can technically breed on a sky quetz, but you still can't really have a full pvp breeding setup that way either. It may work to get some rexes for boss fights, but it's not really viable to use for raising gigas, manas, rhinos and mass raising carbos as soakers. The problem that still remains there is that you can't really raise tames quickly enough for pvp with that setup unless you have a constant rotation of breeding and raising going 24/7.

ik exactly what you mean, when I was in a mega tribe we had huge caves to breed. Filled with gigas rexes, manas etc, but as a solo it really is different, and a lot of times you use other players to do your grinding and you raid them , if u can at least.  Or ob campm either way   

Archived