What are you guys start up plans/strategies as a solo on official pvp

Kyler101

1 minute ago, Joebl0w13 said:

Spawn, get killed by a lvl 400+ mana.

Spawn in a different location, immediately get killed by a lvl 400+ mana.

Spawn in a different location, gather some basic tools, get killed by a lvl 400+ mana.

lol, that used to be my problem,but now i go CI get a wyv , and if i ever see a mana fly up

1 minute ago, maxplanck58 said:

I plan on finding a hole that I am confident that nobody would find, grinding for a forge, smithy and rifle, tame a ptera and log off.  Then I plan to wake up dead with all of my stuff destroyed by 123.

haha, I have already done all that lol, just waiting to see if I'm found lol,

16 hours ago, Kyler101 said:

haha, I have already done all that lol, just waiting to see if I'm found lol,

16 hours ago, maxplanck58 said:

I plan on finding a hole that I am confident that nobody would find, grinding for a forge, smithy and rifle, tame a ptera and log off.  Then I plan to wake up dead with all of my stuff destroyed by 123.

You both wrong - it aint killed by 123, it's killed by Lvl 450 Mana!!!!! LOL

Find a dead Gen server, farm & upload a few swords at Bloodstalker race. 

Farm/buy basic kit, bolas, parachutes, tools, etc.

Transfer to crystal isles, tame wyvern, scope out popular ratholes. Use sword to break through any stone doors. Doable with melee build in 6x damage zones which covers a lot of rathole on CI

Transfer to mid-pop rag scout for hidden loot/easy raids. Repeat until bored, then upload character and start again tomorrow.

• Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, carbonark said:

That’s why you have backup gear in upload. No starting over, craft a club and some bolas. Camp an ob and club out the next 123 that shows up to transfer, now you have the 400+ mana

True. Until the upload system is screwed up or you don't have access to the game for 24 hours. But that never happens...

The definitive issue here is time and time again WC has decided that the only players that should enjoy pvp official are large tribes. They do this by putting in features like radar paras, tek helm radar, graphic ini mods, render order, ground clutter view range setting, kcam passing through terrain, mounts that can cover insane distances on land air or sea (manas) ect... All of this means you can’t hide. The only defense a small tribe has is to disperse assets and hide or know some super secret tricks. I utilize the tricks because you can’t hide period. 

This needs to be made right in Ark2. 

4 hours ago, johnm81 said:

The definitive issue here is time and time again WC has decided that the only players that should enjoy pvp official are large tribes. They do this by putting in features like radar paras, tek helm radar, graphic ini mods, render order, ground clutter view range setting, kcam passing through terrain, mounts that can cover insane distances on land air or sea (manas) ect... All of this means you can’t hide. The only defense a small tribe has is to disperse assets and hide or know some super secret tricks. I utilize the tricks because you can’t hide period. 

ngl thats fax

Sky quetzs are very underrated for storing your stuff until you find a suitable land location. Just don't put one on a PvP heavy map like Rag.

Ive had a few I've used as temp breeding platforms and my replicator quetz has been up for over a month in the same spot with no issue. Just gotta remember to feed them every once in a while.

29 minutes ago, St1ckyBandit said:

Sky quetzs are very underrated for storing your stuff until you find a suitable land location. Just don't put one on a PvP heavy map like Rag.

Ive had a few I've used as temp breeding platforms and my replicator quetz has been up for over a month in the same spot with no issue. Just gotta remember to feed them every once in a while.

scorched maybe good

• Volunteer Moderator
9 hours ago, johnm81 said:

I would love to head back to PvP if you could actually hide and conduct gorilla warfare. In the current state of the game you simply can’t. Not based on skill, luck at best.  

Will be interesting to see what Ark 2 brings. I’ll say this. Since most people play this game in PvE... follow the money and see where the development goes.  

1 minute ago, Joebl0w13 said:

I would love to head back to PvP if you could actually hide and conduct gorilla warfare. In the current state of the game you simply can’t. Not based on skill, luck at best.  

Will be interesting to see what Ark 2 brings. I’ll say this. Since most people play this game in PvE... follow the money and see where the development goes.  

yeah i feel like most ppl went from pvp to pve because of it

23 minutes ago, Kyler101 said:

scorched maybe 

21 minutes ago, Joebl0w13 said:

I'd have to slightly disagree but overall I think you're right. Its seems everyone looks to build in ratholes now but my thing has always been to hide cliff plats up in random out of the way spots.

It recently fell, but I had a really sneaky base set up in the lava cave on the center for over a year. I think the only reason it was found in the end is because my turrets shot someone.

With creativity and limiting your footprint as much as possible you can definitely set up a base for an extended period of time.

• Volunteer Moderator

I mean. I get it. Companies exist solely to make money. Nothing new there. But with a somewhat ground breaking game like this that’s not too far off from (dating myself here) Second Life, where people spend so much time in the game (think Ready Player One) in a PVE perspective. 

Well hell even Ready Player One was a horrible display of “free” to play yet pay to win games as most are now. Especially dominant on the mobile platforms.

This game had a lot of potential, didn’t live up to it and I’m pretty sure the direction the CEO of WildCard is taking the company is not going to deliver a game that’s on par with what they could have done here with this one when Ark 2 is released. They are concentrating on creating a multi-media brand, not a game. That’s where the money is and that’s going to be fine for a lot of people. 

/rant. Not even a rant, more of a sigh. 

I spawn at gen ocean biome, hlna to the ocean east, get a glitch to get some hex and xp, buy some stuff like hide and chitin. Then transfer to the blue ob on rag jungle 2 spawn, make a stone pick and go hit the gold crates to potentially get a sword or shield, or metal hatchet, or what ever. Then use my genesis hide, and metal hatchet to quickly build a raft, from there there's several courses of action, upload the raft and dl somewhere else, die to a 123 on a mana and lose the raft, what ever lol.

23 hours ago, johnm81 said:

This. Even when you look at what's needed for breeding setups, you need a lot of space to efficiently breed and raise tames. More space means needing to control and defend more area which doesn't work when your main defense is trying to keep a small footprint and avoid detection. Every aspect of Ark's design further stacks the deck against small tribes and solos to the point where those players are essentially playing an entirely different game if they want to be even remotely competitive.

Archived