add a grab toggle for unridden megalosaurus, or fix their AI.

dkr724

Suggestion

unridden megalosaurus will constantly attempt to grab creatures too big to be grabbed, instead of using standard bite attack, the grab has set damage, making unridden megalosaurus almost useless. it's been this way since 2017. simply adding a grab toggle to their radial menu, or fixing their AI so they don't use the grab at all while unridden. Either would be a huge QoL improvement for the dino.

Their bite does a base of 75 damage, making their dps higher than a rex.

Their AI grab attack does scale with melee but does a pathetic 10 damage base. so AI megalos do 13% of the damage per bite compared to ridden ones, and obviously attack slower than a player spamming bite.

this is already a dino that outside of aberration is near useless due to it's sleeping "feature".

I know this has been brought up before, I'm just bringing it up again, because either the ark devs still don't realize this is an issue, or they don't care.

6 replies to this server topic

Megalosaurus is really good to use at night but in my opinion there is a problem with this creature. We should be able to use it in boss arena even if it's daytime. With this players should be able to have more alternatives for boss fights.

I also think it should be good if damages were increased for the grab attack when adding a level in damage or if megalosaurus don't use grab attack when dismount.

9 minutes ago, Yougz said:

Megalosaurus is really good to use at night but in my opinion there is a problem with this creature. We should be able to use it in boss arena even if it's daytime. With this players should be able to have more alternatives for boss fights.

What's stopping you from just waiting for nightfall?

Archived