My bloodstalker just teleported away for no reason.

fire7634doggo

I literally spent the last three and a half hours grinding out blood packs for a max level bloodstalker and after I tamed it, I went around to get my last remaining glitches. I was in the volcano biome and I got off my bloodstalker to get a glitch, and as soon as I get off, it just teleported away. There was no predators around and it was on passive. I don't even have a key binding for move to set, meaning I couldn't have whistled that, and it wasn't on follow either. I had a ping of around 50 or so and was lagging a small bit, but it was practically unnoticiable at that moment. Is this a normal occurence for bloodstalkers as its my first tame taming one or is this pretty rare? 

i dunno if it helps, but I have seen dinos sprint off after dismounting quite a few times. my wyverns start walking after dismount often. It is some sort of bug with certain dinos I think.

We once encountered the bloodstalker sprinting away in the blizzard zone (and they are so FAST). It was a nightmare to find it. That one, however, was a bug related to yuty fear roars. the creature was feared, and even though it wore off, it acted feared as soon as dismounted. Had it happen with theris as well.

Archived