Community Crunch 259: Community Corner and More!

StudioWildcard

How about reducing the timers. It is about time the bed respawn timer gets removed survival of the fittest is dead no reason to penalize players that are already spawing in with nothing.  How about reducing the cryopod throwout timer 5 minute wait between throwing out a dino is absurd and a 15 minute wait between transfers is a game killer.  The thing is none of your timers should go longer than a minute making people wait even that long is a crime or at least it should be!

Edited by Steelheadomada
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, SarahMonette said:

On this topic I keep saying that the 2x rate applied to the gathering and experience gain is okay but we don't need that.  The breeding rates in this game have always been atrocious.  Breeding is very important to end game PvE.  

We want breeding only EVO events.  

Please listen Wildcard.  Breeding only by itself does not lag healthy servers.  Stop increasing any rate other than just the breeding.  We don't need to gather more.  Not even meats for babies.  

If a server is not healthy we all know why.  It is because to many players are building exceptionally large bases on the popular maps:  TheIsland and Ragnarok.

Side note, those German located servers are running better than the American ones did.  That was a good idea.  I see the improvement.

I agree that the breeding rate is hard, and events should be more breeding focused, like that last one that was a weekend breed only event. And I like that the events are not every weekend. I've been playing this game for like five years, and to me the gathering and experience and taming is a little to easy now. With another 2x bake in, there are more tames that you don't even need to take care of, like knock it out and throw the kibble in and walk away. And on a 2x weekend now, Official is looking more like those unofficial ridiculously boosted servers... game gets disgustingly easy to play. But breeding can still be hard and so boosting it on a weekend is gravy.

15 hours ago, SarahMonette said:

Unknown artist is Caio Monteiro.  Created over two years ago.  He's more of a D&D fan it appears.  Which makes this and the few cavemen he drew seem very out of place to his normal works.  Did he play ark then and it altered his style for a tiny bit?

Maybe that or maybe Caio did it as a comission
Not including his name makes me wonder if he knows his work is being used here... 🤔 (which is unfair)

18 hours ago, Steelheadomada said:

How about reducing the timers. It is about time the bed respawn timer gets removed survival of the fittest is dead no reason to penalize players that are already spawing in with nothing.  How about reducing the cryopod throwout timer 5 minute wait between throwing out a dino is absurd and a 15 minute wait between transfers is a game killer.  The thing is none of your timers should go longer than a minute making people wait even that long is a crime or at least it should be!

You on pvp? On pve cryo sickness was removed a year ago so no waiting between unpods. The transfer timer, though, I agree about... It has to go

On 3/20/2021 at 3:54 AM, LSMCtv said:

Because 2x is the default rate now. There was a 2x breeding last weekend so to say there are no more evo events is wrong because there are, just not this weekend. 

I beg to differ on the 2x default now. Been playing for 5~6 years now. 2 yrs ago same char,stats and pick I would harvest 240~280 metal from rich node on 2x. On standard today 130~160. Someone lied about the permanent 2x.

• Facepalm 1

• Volunteer Moderator
43 minutes ago, kadenceflorence said:

I think I speak for us all

Speaking only for myself as a player, I disagree with most of what you said.

43 minutes ago, kadenceflorence said:

im sure most players of this game will be their right with me. 

tenor.png

Edited by Joebl0w13

On 3/20/2021 at 12:54 AM, Egor said:

Unfortunately, we can't enjoy any of these as our server keep crashing non stop every hour or even worse.

Thousands of ppl not able to access this nice and lovely wold.

wouldnt bother reporting I did and so did all my server but wc doesnt do anything about it, we ended up all leaving after 3 months of trying to get help.

The player that is not moving underwater should gain stamina even when being moved by another entity albeit by creature, environment, another player or otherwise.  The fact that a player loses stamina and cant gain it back because an creature is attacking them moving their character preventing stamina regen is a mechanical flaw as it should be based on whether the controller of the character has moved them to cause a stamina stagnation not another entity.  The simple flaws like this are what truly ruin the game and are over looked whereas other aspects of the game get changed when they do not need to be.  Fix your game. Morons.