When do the Beginner Servers wipe?

SarahMonette

Does anyone know if there is any truth in this?

A friend and I were playing on XBoxes on an EU Beginners Server and we were told in chat that the server was wiping on the 23rd.

Really frustrating as we had both just joined the server, put in a week's solid grind to get to a pretty reasonable base and level and were just about to start enjoying exploring.

Checked the Ark twitter and indeed on Jan 27th there was a post regarding the wipe at that time and it went further to say the next wipe was on March the 23rd.

We spent all night struggling to transfer a few of the things we had across to an ob and upload and the rest of the day trying to find some server where we could actually spawn in and build something basic just to pull our gear and tames off. To be honest we have since decided not to stay because the server is so badly overbuilt that you struggle to get 10fps and can't navigate half the map for behemoth gates and pillars. We haven't found a server yet that is different.

I noticed today on the server list that the day count for the old beginners server is still increasing and respawned on the server to see everything is still as is. It's now 5am 24.03 pacific time so I would have expected any 23.03 wipe to have occurred.

We can't return anymore because it's a beginners server and of course all the old building are inaccesible because there is nobody to invite new characters into the old tribe.

What I was trying to establish if indeed a server wipe is occuring because at least on a beginners server you can play, albeit greatly restricted, on a generally more usable map and gameplay experience. I would have to start from scratch of course but don't want to do that if it turns out that the servers will be wiped in the next day or two

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

I wanted to play a couple of weeks ago, but put it off for the March 23rd wipe, but ive been sat waiting for over 24hrs and no wipe, DILO wildcard. I thought at the very least it would be done when i got up today. Whoevers job it is to communicate this info, and/or to wipe the server needs to be be taken behind the wood shed.

well, the last one was scheduled for the 26th of Jan, and at 12:16am on the 27th it was tweeted it had been wiped, so thats not really late, it seemed it was wiped at the very end of the 26th at midnight, or there abouts. Regardless, i dont understand the delay, its not like they have to work on bug fixes or anything, they just wipe it. They give a full 2 months notice that the server will be wiped on a given date, and they can post messages ingame about it too.

1 minute ago, Ashar said:

well, the last one was scheduled for the 26th of Jan, and at 12:16am on the 27th it was tweeted it had been wiped, so thats not really late, it seemed it was wiped at the very end of the 26th at midnight, or there abouts. Regardless, i dont understand the delay, its not like they have to work on bug fixes or anything, they just wipe it. They give a full 2 months notice that the server will be wiped on a given date, and they can post messages ingame about it too.

Previous one was good.  The one before that was more than a day late.

Archived