Rock elementals, rockets, cannons, other?

Penguin73

Hi all, I am looking to tame my first rock elemental soon.  I have watched videos of people using both methods, but have also read in places that rockets no longer work.  I know things change in this game, so... Is that still correct?  Anyone able to verify the current status?  Are cannons the ONLY method? Thanks for any info.

I’m not sure if rockets work but I don’t like using them anyways. Catapults won’t work. Canons work and so do Meks with the canon attachment.

You can build traps in a certifiable way to avoid the golem taking splash damage. The splash damage from the canon and especially the mek will mess up taking effectiveness.

This is the trap design you want to use if you're using a cannon, I'd test it on a low level first just to get the cannon placement and aim down so you don't mess up effectiveness with splash damage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgZJTPMveLQ

And this is a video of someone using it to give you an idea of where to place the cannon

Again, thanks for the help.  Just for closure... I used the cannon this morning with the basic plan in the video above.  I would like to say my execution was perfect but it wasn't.  My measurements and cannon placement was off a tiny bit and it resulted in a couple shots creating splash damage.  I was also slightly too far back with the cannon and lost agro a couple times... having to stop the process and kite the big fella back into position.  But luckily I was only going after a level 50 and was not too concerned about the "perfect tame."  In the end, however, it finally went down and I now have my first rock elemental.  👍

On 3/19/2021 at 12:49 PM, Penguin73 said:

Hi all, I am looking to tame my first rock elemental soon.  I have watched videos of people using both methods, but have also read in places that rockets no longer work.  I know things change in this game, so... Is that still correct?  Anyone able to verify the current status?  Are cannons the ONLY method? Thanks for any info.

Iv only used cannons before. I put up a trap, put the cannon on the back of a parcer, boom boom boom, lights out.

Archived