What's your views on Primal Fear?

GordoGoH

I just wanted to know what everyone's opinion is about the Primal Fear mod and its expansions (if you haven't played it then this doesn't apply to you). I mainly play on the windows 10 and Xbox One versions of the game but I have played Steam Ark. I was in a short spree of playing servers and i came across a PF one. I played it for a solid 6 weeks and got a whole lot done in that time. I enjoyed it a lot and I'm sure that anyone who likes a bit of a challenge and the amount of power that you can achieve over time would enjoy it to. 

The amount that the mod itself adds makes it look and feel like a whole different game. The creatures come in tiers that can range from "a little stronger than your average Dodo" to "omfg this creature has ascended past god itself". Not all creatures have a PF counterpart and not all creatures that have a PF counterpart in the easier stages have one in the harder stages.

In the beginning you'll have absolutely nothing and you'll die a lot, like a lot a lot. But the more you play and the higher loot tiers you get the more you can survive the immanent terrors and threats that were bullying you earlier on. Oh and ascendant anything is pretty much worthless and useless in PF as everything above the Alpha tier will neck you. 

I see this mod as gold material as it adds so much without ruining the core feel of the game but changing it in such a way that it makes it more challenging and fun. There is so much to this mod that even with my 6 weeks of playing I never got it all done. I would really love this mod to see itself in the sponsored mods program and maybe even making it a part of the base game like primitive plus. I think everyone should have a chance to experience this mod, so making it part of the base game for console players to enjoy (they might need newer end consoles cause it does get a bit lagy).

Idk, I just want everyone else's opinions on the matter and if they would like to see it become a part of the base game.

Primal fear. This mod literally copies creatures, and adds tamable more powerful variants. I much rather mods that add creatures that don’t make other obsolete, rather then overhaul mods. It is not the type of thing I would like to see in vanilla game for lots of reasons. On that note, it was sponsored at one point.

8 hours ago, Dinobros2000 said:

Primal fear. This mod literally copies creatures, and adds tamable more powerful variants. I much rather mods that add creatures that don’t make other obsolete, rather then overhaul mods. It is not the type of thing I would like to see in vanilla game for lots of reasons. On that note, it was sponsored at one point.

that's fair enough really, and i had a funny feeling that it was sponsored at some point but I couldn't recall 🤷‍♂️

• 8 months later...

Archived