Most efficient mammal breeding tricks?

JJacky

Hey, I'm breeding dire bears and wolves and I am trying to maximize the number of females without having to move the male stud and also to make baby claiming as convenient as possible.  The main issue is that babies appear right underneath their mothers so it's really difficult to claim them especially when there are lots of females packed together.

I tried all manner of giant hatch frames, but the dinos will often glitch through them. I also tried having the mothers on ramps, but the babies just wont roll down like poop does.  Do you have any tips/tricks on how to maximize effectiveness?

Thanks!

• Volunteer Moderator
5 hours ago, JJacky said:

Hey, I'm breeding dire bears and wolves and I am trying to maximize the number of females without having to move the male stud and also to make baby claiming as convenient as possible.  The main issue is that babies appear right underneath their mothers so it's really difficult to claim them especially when there are lots of females packed together.

I tried all manner of giant hatch frames, but the dinos will often glitch through them. I also tried having the mothers on ramps, but the babies just wont roll down like poop does.  Do you have any tips/tricks on how to maximize effectiveness?

Thanks!

Place your females on a 2-walls high floor and demolish that floor afterwards. They will float in the air and the baby will drop on the floor. Example:

KYY7ovi.png

Make sure they are on passive and ignore whistles though, otherwise their physics will update as soon as they are instructed to do something.

The other thing You can do is build a floor in air, alternating rows of catwalks and ceilings.  Put the front paws on the catwalks with their  backsides over the ceilings.  Remove the ceilings.  That way if a server reset comes about , The breeders will stay up.

I run a floor above that with my stud and run him around mating with all the breeders below.

For ravagers,  I set up zip lines.  Put all the breeders up on the zip lines and the babies fall down.

On 3/15/2021 at 9:28 AM, JJacky said:

Thanks for the tip. That feels kinda cheaty though :(

It's also cheaty that the game makes it difficult for you to claim babies, so really all you're doing is fixing something that the game is doing wrong.

I understand you being concerned about the feeling of cheating, I'm not trying to say you're wrong for feeling that way, I get it. But really this isn't any different than putting egg layers on ramps so you can find the eggs. If the game was designed properly then the eggs and babies would pop out just a little bit so that you could pick up them up without having to build strange structures.

Archived