how to halve egg time and baby cuddling

I would like to further halve the following settings: lay egg interval, mating interval, egg hatch speed. I would also like to halve the baby mature speed but I don't know if the dinosaurs will require less cuddles than they should receive and then have to decrease settings like baby cuddle interval multiplier.

current settings:
lay egg interval > 0.25
mating interval > 0.01
egg hatch speed > 11.999
baby mature speed > 70.0
baby cuddle interval multiplier > 0.02

First off lay egg interval has nothing to do with breeding, 0.25 will give mate boosted females a chance of laying an unfertilised egg just over every 4 1/2 minutes, mate & oviraptor boosted will be under 3 minutes so you'll just end up swamped with more eggs than you'll ever need, way too low as it is and no need to lower it further, if you're not getting unfertilised eggs then add more females and keep them rendered

The number of imprints a baby needs will stay the same if you scale mature speed & cuddle interval by the same factor so a rex on those settings takes just over 80 mins to mature with 6 imprints every 12 mins, if you halve the mature time & cuddle interval to x140 & 0.0125 then it's just under 40 mins with 6 imprints every 6 minutes, you need to be very careful if you scale them by different factors as you can make it impossible to imprint faster maturing dinos or if you go too fast with mature speed you'll decrease the spare time for imprints so much it will make it hard to hit 100% on some dinos, therizinos on 140x & 0.0125 will take 49 mins 36 seconds to mature with 8 imprints every 6 mins, gives you 1 min 36 seconds spare time which is easily wiped out with a couple of long walks, I'm not sure if the total 1x mature time for a giga on my spreadsheet is up to date at 280 hours & 35 mins? if it is then on those settings you 2 hours 15 seconds to raise with 20 imprints every 6 minutes which is impossible to fit them all in

For single player it's not a problem if you tailor it to suit what dinos you want to breed but for a server it's best to keep to the same factor so you don't screw things up for other players

i'm playing with my girlfriend and we really like to keep dinosaurs out of cryopods but they consume a lot of food .. actually i don't know if it's the dinosaurs that eat a lot or the food that decomposes immediately i was wondering so if there is a setting that saves us from having to feed the dinosaurs once or twice a day

Adult dinos don't eat that much if they're just hanging around in your base, unless you literally have 100's stood about 🤣 it could be babies going through a lot of food if you're doing a lot of breeding? open up game.ini and look for these settings, if they're not there then they'll be at default and shouldn't be a problem

BabyFoodConsumptionSpeedMultiplier=

TamedDinoCharacterFoodDrainMultiplier=

GlobalSpoilingTimeMultiplier=

The first 2 multipliers want to be no higher than 1.000000 otherwise they'll eat a lot more, the spoil multiplier will only cause problems if you've set it really low, something like 0.100000 would cause raw meat to spoil in 1 minute in your inventory and 4 mins in a dino/trough

Archived