Jump to content

Base game still to high?


Recommended Posts

I was thinking about jumping back into Ark but this time on pc as I've always played on PS4 but the price point still being around 60 is abit much especially at this point.

I had the game and all the expansion passes on PS4 but can't justify paying around 60 just for the base game again.

Any word on epic giving away again for free? Haha

Link to post
Share on other sites

The base game comes with how many free dlc maps?

And how many hours will you play the game?

If you spend 2 hours you're only paying a dev $30 an hour for the work they put in. If you play 60 you're paying them $1 for every hour of play time. Considering the amount you will probably play (and not spending money on other games), $60 is a fair price unless you play very little

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/17/2021 at 12:10 AM, Topherrrrrrrrrrrrr said:

The base game comes with how many free dlc maps?

And how many hours will you play the game?

If you spend 2 hours you're only paying a dev $30 an hour for the work they put in. If you play 60 you're paying them $1 for every hour of play time. Considering the amount you will probably play (and not spending money on other games), $60 is a fair price unless you play very little

Already bought the base game on ps4 and all dlcs,I'm not dropping that again to play on pc.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/18/2021 at 9:36 AM, Grandta said:

Already bought the base game on ps4 and all dlcs,I'm not dropping that again to play on pc.

Agreed man.....seems if you want to switch back and forth on console to pc, you gotta go with xbox and the microsoft store. However Im not sure if you can run mods even on PC without the use of steam. =/

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Volunteer Moderator
Just now, wizard03 said:

Agreed man.....seems if you want to switch back and forth on console to pc, you gotta go with xbox and the microsoft store. However Im not sure if you can run mods even on PC without the use of steam. =/

You can't. And you don't want to run the Windows 10 (Xbox) version of the game. It's a complete disaster and almost always broken.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Volunteer Moderator
1 minute ago, wizard03 said:

Oh hey, while your here joe, any news about the tethering issues or the "could not connect" problem? Iv heard that the xbox game pass is the main cause for short tethering, but if you had the hard copy, running the game from the hard copy would fix tethering

Haven't heard anything.

Here is something I noticed about "could not connect".

Ark doesn't handle well (if at all) the "fast game switching" that the Xbox can do. When bringing the game back from the background it will almost always give you that error when trying to connect to a server.

This is what I always do. When you are done playing and/or going to open another game/app. Always use the menu button and "Quit" the game. In other words, always start the game fresh each time you want to play. Sure you have to wait for it to load but when I do it this way I almost never see the connection error.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...